Removing Dry Erase Marker from a Couch

Category Furniture
Dry Erase Markers
Removing dry erase marker from a couch can be done with cleaners you have around the house. This is a guide about removing dry erase marker from a couch.

My friend has a daughter who was spending the night and she got into the dry erase makers I left out. She marked on the back of my brand new couch. Does any one know how to remove this? - dipnz

To get the marker marks off of the couch use a Magic Eraser by Mr. Clean. (usually found at Wal- Mart)

I just got a new micro-fiber couch and everything is supposed to come off with soap and water. Is the Magic Eraser okay to use on microfiber?

how do I get dry erase marker off of a couch cushion?

Answer: Try a magic eraser. Because you don't say what kind of material the couch is, that's the best advice I can give. Also I've heard that if you go over the marks with the same marker you may be able to wipe it off but if it is an upholstered (cloth) couch, I wouldn't recommend that.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Magic Eraser did not work on removing dry erase marker from my cotton pants. I was looking for something to work at removing it as well. I know hairspray doesn't work either. Perhaps alcohol will!

Thank you so much for the magic eraser idea it saved my brand new yellow couch from a blue dry erase marker. Rub it with the dry sponge and it comes out.

My new Hollister shirt I got two days ago has dry erase marker stains on it because of some kid in school touched the eraser with my shirt.

Nail polish remover or hairspray. Good luck.

Are you suppose to wet the Magic Eraser like the instructions say? Last time one of my kids got dry erase marker on clothing I think I read that water was not good for it. Please help :)

I'll cut to the chase: Spray bottle with regular water. Spray area and rub with microfiber cloth. This just happened to me and it is gone!

I was working on my screen with a whiteboard marker (the green expo dry erase). I went to get a tissue to clean the screen (yes, you can do that it won't "hurt" your screen) when the marker hit my purple couch. I don't know what it is made of, maybe poly or microfiber, but this method will work.

Hope I could help! The image is the spot after I cleaned it with my spray bottle and microfiber cloth.

Sorry, the picture I had put was from a long time ago!

Here is the real one.

I found a post through Google about getting dry erase marker off upholstery. It said to use Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, but I was wondering if you were suppose to wet it? I read or heard last time a child got dry erase on clothing that water could make it worse. Please advise if you can. Thanks!

By Stilly18

Answer Was this helpful? 1

You do not wet the magic eraser just scrub well and it will slowly disappear. You have to be patient though, it may take a while for it to disappear, just keep scrubbing.

How do I get a dry erase marker stain out of a microfiber couch? Not sure if magic eraser would be safe to use.

By van124 from St. Louis, MO

Ok, no I am not the father from My Big Fat Greek Wedding, but you would be amazed what Windex can do. Get the regular old fashioned kind, blue WITH ammonia no fancy scents or colors. Spray it on and wipe with a terry cloth wash cloth repeatedly until gone. Works like a charm and dries quickly due to the ammonia. Will not leave blue residue on my cream color microfiber sofa. It works on clothes too. I swear I try it on just about everything. It's the best kept Greek secret, HA HA Really ythough it works.