Removing Eye Makeup Stains from Fabric

Category Stains
Eye makeup can leave messy stains on clothing and linens. This is a guide about removing eye makeup stains from fabric.

I have a pair of white pants that has black eyeliner on it. I need some tips on removing it please? The pants are made up of 70% cotton, 27% polyester, and 3% spandex.

By Crystal Nicole M.

My liquid eyeliner blotted on my pink top. I made a mess by washing it with water. A bit of it came of but the rest seems to be stuck on it. My top is made of 92% viscose and 8% spandex. The stain has been there for nearly two months. Is there any way you can help? its my favorite top.

Blanche from Fiji

try washing in hot water and take it out mid wash while its still drenched in water and scrub laundry soap on the spot till it get out, or try washing it in googone which you can get from canadian tire

Try rubbing a bit of dish liquid on it. I recommend Dawn. I tried this with an eyeliner stain on one of my shirts, and it worked.

use hairspray! just spray the place affected area with hairspray then get one of those spray bottles filled with water and spray it on top. scrub it with something like an old toothbrush (i just used my nail) and the stain will be gone. i hope it works for u as well!

I found that our sons had smeared mascara on our fleece blanket this morning. What would be the best way of removing it? Would tea tree oil work?

By Terry R

What is the best method for removing mascara form sheets and pillowcases?

Apdow from France

I wash the sheets with a good detergent, possibly using some Stain Stick on them to treat the stains. I have never had any trouble getting mascara out of sheets or pillowcases.

Blot with rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work try an ammonia solution, which is 1 tablespoon of ammonia to 1/2 cup of water. I would let it soak for a while and then rinse it with warm water.

Good luck.

:}