Removing Fabric Dye from the Dryer

I dried a bed spread in the dryer. The color has rubbed off and now the whole dryer on the inside is blue. Any tips on how to get the color out?

Key-Key from Biloxi, MS

Answers:

Removing Fabric Dye from the Dryer

This may or may not work but it's worth a try, and even if it does not work in your dryer it certainly will not go to waste because it works wonders on the floors with scuffs, and that's Mr. Clean eraser. Just yesterday I bought Mr. Clean floor cleaner and it came with a free eraser to use. It looks and feels like a sponge but the white eraser side is amazing. I could not believe it when it removed scuff markers that I could not get up completely from anything else. I barely put elbow grease into it and they just came right off! See if they sell those alone, it may just work for you. I hide my miracle eraser so my DH does not take it over. Good luck. (10/19/2008)

By theseamstress

Removing Fabric Dye from the Dryer

I had the same problem, and whilst I didn't think this would work, it did: use a rag soaked in bleach. Put it in the dryer by itself, and run it on a medium or high heat until it's dry. It really does work - it took the pen and dye stains right out of the dryer that I thought was ruined! (10/20/2008)

By ninjamedic

Removing Fabric Dye from the Dryer

I accidentally washed and dried denim fabric for which the color was not set. The dryer was totally blue inside. I used bleach on dry white rags, and it took the blue fabric dye right off the inside of our dryer. It worked great. Just be sure to use the fan in the laundry room - the bleach fumes are harsh.
(01/21/2009)

By Sherik

Removing Fabric Dye from the Dryer
Washing Machine
Cleaning Fabric Dye from Inside a Washer
clothes dryer
Removing Fabric Dye from Dryer
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎉
🎄