Removing Facial Hair

There are a variety of methods for having unwanted facial hair removed. This is a guide about removing facial hair.

February 20, 2007 Flag

How can I get rid of hair on my face by homemade methods? But not by using bleach.

Pavani

http://www.19.5degs.com/element/506.php

I use this homemade sugar wax. Put a soft terrycloth rag over wax and press. Pull hard and quick. I use it on my face and legs.

hey

take 1 table spoon of white flour and 1 table spoon of potash alum and add 1 table spoon of rose water into it.....apply this on your face and do this daily for one month.....or get ur face waxed (hot)and then apply rose water it will close the pores and regrowth would be slower

Take one tablespoon of Turmeric powder and mix with curd. Apply this pack on your face regularly. Your hair regrowth will be slower.

February 21, 2012 Flag

Does anyone have a safe and effective treatment for hair removal for chin and upper lip hair? I use a Finish Touch razor, but it is temporary and the chin hair is stubborn to get rid of. Thank you.

By flower51

It's such a nuisance, huh! I use a razor on my chin, do a lot of plucking, and now and then use Sally Hansen depilatory on my upper lip.

When there are just a few hairs on my upper lip I use an emery board. Nothing is going to be permanent except maybe electrolysis, so the emery board is a good backup between shaves or depilatories. I don't have a lot of hairs so sometimes I pluck, and sometimes I use the emery board. I found a little hair removal kit at the dollar store which has pieces of what looks like very fine grade sandpaper.

I used it, and it worked, though it can leave your skin red for about 24 hours - much like waxing does. Then I started substituting the emery board (not the metal ones) and was happy with the results. It works for small patches of leg hair too. Won't hurt to try it. Good luck!

Sally Hansen brush on hair remover for face 3 to 5 minutes tops, be careful it might burn if on too long.

May 27, 2011 Flag

I have a problem. I'm 18yrs old. When I was small about 2yrs, I developed asthma, so I have to drink lots of medicine. Now when I am 18yrs it starts having an effect on my face. The hair grows longer on my face like men.

I have done many things to get rid of this but already no effect. I don't know what to do now. I am getting married soon. I have done waxing, etc., but it continues to grow longer. So I need your help now. What would I do?

By roomanah

What kind of medicine are you drinking? I'm not familiar with drinking anything for asthma, but it sounds like you are in another country that could have another type of treatment? If what you are taking is a form of steroid, that could cause facial hair. Maybe you need to talk to your doctor to see if there is something else you can take?

Electrolysis only works for those with dark hair; if you are a blonde or have very light hair, it won't work as well.

I saw an interview on TV with a beautiful Japanese lady about 20 years ago, and she said Japanese women shave their faces every day, which explains their incredible complexions. She said shaving got rid of the surface skin, sloughing it off, and any facial hairs that might be on the face. It was a fascinating interview!

It sounds like you're in a different country, but in the USA we have laser hair removal. It works best on people with lighter skin and darker hair, but there are tricks a good specialist can use for lighter colored hair, such as dying it first. The laser treatments work much faster than electrolysis and are far less painful.

Also, please speak to your doctor. I've never heard of asthma medication causing hair growth but if the issue is a medication you're taking, maybe it can be switched to something else. If it's not being caused by a medication, maybe you have something else going on that could be easily treated.

October 29, 2008 Flag

Has anyone ever gotten laser hair removal done? If so, how bad was the pain and how long did your hair stay gone? I have heard it really isn't permanent but I am so desperate I am willing to think about getting it done. I have hair on my chin so bad that I need to shave twice a day now. My chin is too sensitive for waxing or Nair.

Do more women than I know of have hair on their chins or am I just a freak of nature? Also, has anyone tried the prescription Vaniqua for hair removal and did it work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mindy from Washington, IN

If you don't fit the qualifications for laser hair removal, try electrolysis. Especially good if your hair is very fine.

I've been getting laser hair removal for a while. I too am a freak of nature and shave my chin area 2x a day. My skin tone is fair and the hair on my chin is dark brown to red brown. I have lots of peach fuzz on my face and 10-15 stray dark brown hairs in the side burn area that i just pluck. When I used to pluck my chin hairs would get a lot of ingrowns and infections (like big pimples). So i started shaving. When i decided to get laser treatment i researched on the different types of laser machines used. I decided to go with a company that just does laser hair removal and has vested dollars to back their laser research. The machine that is used on me includes laser and radio frequency. The laser has a cooling plate which is helpful. I was told that facial hair is a little harder to treat because it is a hormonal area. I have seen some lightening and thinning, and still shave twice a day.

I get my full legs treated as well. I have hair from my ankles all the way up to my bikini line, inner thigh, and back of thighs. The top of my legs were always the most painful to shave because the hair was so thick. The hair on my legs are dark blonde-brown. I was told this was a little harder to treat because of the lack of pigment. I have had wonderful results with my legs. The hair has thinned, lightened, bald patches, etc. And it's easier to shave.

Pain----i had a hard time tolerating the pain. Not at first though. I was on a lower setting (for fair skin) and the settings gradually increased. There were times when i did cry. So.....I ordered a prescription numbing cream from Canada (with out a prescription) and it has helped dramatically. They should provide you with ice packs before/after treatment and a post-laser cream. I also take herbal relaxation pills because i get anxious about the treatment. An MP3 player has helped relax as well (leg treatments with a double pass can be 2 hours!).

Vaniqua does help, but you have to use it consistently. When I stopped using the cream, the hair came back. It's not permanent and there are some hairs that just won't go away.

Nair was always so harsh on my face and i had stubble after treatment plus it clogged my pores and i ended up with pimples. I could never stomach waxing. Too painful. Plus it doesn't make sense to me to rip something off my skin once a week. Would that cause wrinkles?

If you do decide to get treatment research the different types of lasers/machines used and the companies. Do they have just one type of machine, do they have a maintenance plan with their machines, do they have their own R&D into the machines? All they need is a doctor to run the operation and hire technicians that are trained on the machines. I opted not to go to a fancy place that can also do botox and a host of other treatments.

Also, try to not pluck as this will interfere with your laser treatment by retarding hair growth and the follicle.

I know that was a lot and hope that helps!

Thanks to everybody! I think I probably will go for it sometime, I will need to come up with the money first though. I am so desperate that I am willing to try anything at this point. Lucky for me I have dark hair on my face so hopefully it will work. When I ever get it done I will report on how well it did or didn't work, but it will probably be awhile from now. Thanks again:)

July 31, 2015 Flag

I recently waxed my side burns, about 2 weeks ago, but I'm kinda getting a stubble. The same goes with my upper lip. I used the wax strips that they sell at Wallgreen's, but I don't know why my hair is growing back so fast. Help!

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but women, all of us, produce testosterone as well as estrogen (look up "hormones" on Google). This means we also have to deal with facial hair, and for some women it's darker and thicker than others. No blame to you for trying to wax it away, but the hair grows back. You can keep waxing, you can shave, tweeze and even bleach it. Lazer hair removal works for some but it takes a long time and isn't cheap. Good luck!

December 7, 2011 Flag

I am looking for the best hair removal method for facial hair. What do you think of Finishing Touch razor. What do you all use? Thank you.

By flower

Consider using "Magic Shave". It is in the " people of african descent hair and facial section" (excuse my perhaps non-politically correct wording :) of most stores. It is very inexpensive. Apparently men of color have an issue with ingrown facial hair, so it was designed for them. It is easy to use, and as I said, very inexpensive. It works on legs, underarms and faces although it was designed for faces.

I use the Finishing Touch thing, and have no problems with it, I just prefer when I feel well enough to go to one of the local beauty schools and get waxed (my eyebrows and chin).

I use it and love it myself!

March 25, 2011 Flag

How do I remove coarse facial hair? I have tried an epilator, shaving, various creams, Nads, and wax. What works the best? I can't afford to go to a salon for treatment. Any feedback much appreciated.

May 15, 2007 Flag

I am looking for anyone who has had electrolysis done on their face. Please specify if a disposable needle was used or if a probe was used. I am trying to find out if you feel that what you had done was successful and worth the time and money.

October 23, 2014 Flag

It was my fool attempt to cleaning out my facial hairs in order to make my face smooth and more fine than before, but sadly it turned worse. Now it is not smooth, but it is more rough and has more ingrown hairs.

Load More
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips RemovalAugust 7, 2015
Woman with facial mask and cukes on eyes.
Homemade Facial Cleanser Recipes
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎄