Removing Food Stains on Clothing

How do you remove food stains from clothing? They are mostly tomato based, ketchup, spaghetti sauce, etc.

By Nancy

Answers:

Removing Food Stains on Clothing

I have started using Simple Green for laundry stains. I first used it on the coveralls that hubby uses when he works outside on equipment, then started using it on white socks, then I tried it on the regular laundry. A spray bottle of Simple Green is about $3, it is concentrated even in the spray bottle, but I wet whatever I want to try first, then spray with the Simple Green, let them set for about 30 minutes, and wash. I have not had anything ruined or adversely affected by it, but we don't have any clothes that are delicate or dry clean only.
Hope you find something that works! (07/19/2010)

By fatboyslimsmom

Removing Food Stains on Clothing

A little dish detergent on the stain works for me most every time even stains that have been set. Also try using vinegar in your bleach dispenser. If nothing else it really brightens up the colors. Good luck! (07/23/2010)

By JuliaY

Removing Food Stains on Clothing

The best stuff ever is a cleaner you can get at the Dollar Store, Dollar General, and even Wal-mart. GOOP! Rub some in on the stain before washing (you can let it sit for a few minutes if you want) then toss in and wash. It removes Kool-aid and blood along with grass stains and a myriad of other things, too. (08/02/2010)

By BeverleeOK

Removing Food Stains on Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Removing Underarm Sweat Stains from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
🎄
🍂