Removing Furniture Polish Build Up

I have 3 wonderful wood tables in my living room but they are sticky. I think it is polish build up. How con I get rid of the stickiness and then give them a good polish?

Lucy from Mexico

Removing Furniture Polish Build Up

This is for polish build-up, and also people that have wood cabinets or paneled kitchens that have accumulated grease over the years.

3 parts linseed oil
1 part turpentine.

Use a 000 (triple zero) fine steel wool and lightly clean it. Wipe with a soft cloth to polish. It takes off everything, and I mean everything.

It doesn't damage the finish and also moisturizes the wood. It smells a bit, so make sure you have ventilation. Spring time with the windows open is great, and it just takes a few hours for the odor to go away. I have never used this on a painted surface, so I don't know if it will damage paint. This is meant for finished or unfinished natural wood only. (02/22/2005)

By klucretia

Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet