Removing Furniture Polish Stains from Carpet

I spilled "Old English Scratch Cover" over on my green carpet. It left an ugly brown stain! We tried a lot of things but nothing worked. Finally my husband tried his automotive hand cleaner, smearing it in good. We let it set a few minutes, then using warm water, began to wipe it up and out. When we finished the stain was gone. You may have to do this a couple of times to get it all, but patience pays off.

Answers:

You know I have found out that Dish Detergent on a hot, wet wash rag cleans a lot of stuff from carpet. Try a little on the spot that's already soiled. It wouldn't hurt to give this a try. Good luck. (03/19/2005)

By Judy Johnson

You might consider looking on the label and calling the company. They will be able to tell you what to use. (03/20/2005)

By Judy

I dripped Old English brown furniture polish on my light tan carpet. The spots were circular up to 1/4 inch across. I blotted what I could with a white napkin, but the carpet was really stained brown. Having checked this web site, I saw the suggestion to use car mechanics hand cleaner. I bought some and used a cotton swab tip to apply the hand cleaner to the stain. I let it sit for 20 minutes, blotted it up, and used a damp napkin to clean the residue off the carpet. The carpet came absolutely clean! My investment was $1.09 plus tax at Walmart (Multi-Purpose GOOP Hand Cleaner).

Note - another web site said to use isopropyl alcohol. It didn't work on this tough stain. Use mechanics hand cleaner. (05/07/2006)

By Mike (San Jose, CA)

shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
🎉
🎄