Removing Gravy Stains from Damask Tablecloth

This Thanksgiving my guests got lots of gravy on my brand new white Damask tablecloth and napkins. Instead of using bleach (that is "hit and miss" in removing some stains), I used 3% hydrogen peroxide on the gravy stains.

Carefully pour some on each stain, rub, wait a minute and the stain literally disappears before your eyes! Then launder as usual. The cloth and napkins are now "good to go" for Christmas.

By Shelly E from Las Vegas

Answers:

My sister told me another great idea. Before you remove your tablecloth from the dinner table, pretreat all the spots with dish liquid. Dish liquid is formulated to remove food stains and grease. It works for me. (12/23/2005)

By Carol

Grease Stains on a Tablecloth
Photo of brown gravy on a turkey sandwich.
Homemade Brown Gravy Recipes
Tablecloth Dress
Making a Tablecloth Dress
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Glass of red wine spilled on white tablecloth.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Tablecloth
🎉
🎄