Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Have you ever gotten those grease stains on your shirts or jeans from McDonald's bags and cant get the stain out?

Try Ajax Dish soap and Baking Soda mixed together until it makes a paste. Take an old toothbrush and work it into the stain. Let it sit for 5 minutes or so and then if you still see a partial stain, take the dish soap and baking soda and mix it with a little Shout. The dish soap and baking soda should do the trick but there are those really bad grease stains that need that extra kick.

Hey, if Ajax soap is a degreaser for your dishes, why can't it be for your clothes too!

By breza_hmh from OKC, OK

Answers:

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I use Goo Gone. My husband will cook bacon and eggs on the weekend and get grease on his shirt. I usually don't catch it before it goes through the laundry and find after it comes out of the dryer. I put some Goo Gone on the grease spots, throw it back in the laundry and the spots come out. Works like a charm! (09/10/2007)

By Chris in MO

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I always use Greased Lightning for removing grease stains and a lot of other stains as well. I think it works great.
Teresa from Va. (09/11/2007)

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I use shampoo. It's not likely to bleach out your clothes and it's designed to clean fibers. Drizzle a little of your favorite shampoo on the grease, rub it in with a little water and then wash as you normally would. This method even takes grease stains out of old stains and stains that have gone through the dryer. Good luck. (11/10/2007)

By Christina

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Dawn washing detergent works wonders. Rub it in and throw it in the wash. (01/27/2008)

By Gerri

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Gosh thanks, the Ajax Dish soap and Baking Soda worked. I was so depressed when I saw the grease spots from my lip balm. Thank you again! (05/24/2008)

By moneria

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I went out to eat at an Italian restaurant and after spaghetti was boxed up, the grease part of the sauce spilled out the sides onto my new light yellow very "airy" cotton. I was so mad. Ajax and baking soda did the trick! Thank you so much for saving my shirt. (06/07/2008)

By Stephanie

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

It works incredibly well. I thought my capris were ruined. I had gotten water repellent grease on them. I first treated them with Murphy's oil soap. Then I put cornstarch on them. Washed. It got better, but you could still see the stain. Boo hoo. I used Palmolive and baking soda. Praise God it worked. Yeah! (09/14/2008)

By Amy

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Thank you so much! I had gotten some machinery grease on one of my favorite sweaters at work and was so worried it wouldn't come out. I tried the baking soda and dish detergent, and it was like magic. Thank you for saving my sweater! (10/11/2008)

By Lydia

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Just rub margarine (not butter) on there and you will see it disappear as you rub it. My grandmother's trick. You should try it. I have used it on my kid's white shirt because he got car grease on it. It truly does work. (02/13/2009)

By Tiffany

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Wow! I thought I was doomed to have chili oil stains on my pale green (expensive) wicking athletics shirt, but then I read this blog and Dawn dish liquid, baking soda and a little effort with a toothbrush did the trick.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! (02/14/2009)

By Michelle

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Thank you for the Goo Gone advice. Worked like a charm on my cotton and spandex top. (02/25/2009)

By karen

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
A woman looking at a mysterious grease stain on her laundered clothing.
Mysterious Grease Stains on Clothing
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Woman in white lace shirt gazing down
Removing Grease Stains on Lace Clothing
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄