Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I was cooking with beef the other day and some grease was splashed on my shirt. This shirt is 100% cotton and I hadn't caught the stain until after I laundered the garment.

It has been a couple of days since and I have read up on here about the grease removal options, but I just don't want my shirt to discolor since it is my favorite of favorites. Please help. Thank you.

By gitch_kitten from Welland, ON

Answers:

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

My mother used to have great results by rubbing the grease spot with white chalk. Rub gently. Let the chalk sit a while to soak up the grease. GooGone works great too. It has always worked for me. I don't know if it would discolor some fabrics. Spray a little on the spot right before you launder the garment. Aunt Sharon from Texas (08/01/2009)

By Aunt Sharon

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

If it went into the dryer too. You may not be able to get it out. The previous posts are worth trying. However, if you can't, a lady I know who stains her favorite tops covers them with cute patches or sequins, lace, felt pieces. God Bless! (08/04/2009)

By kghsave

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Squirt some dawn dish washing detergent on the spot. Run some cold water on it and "knuckle rub" it together. Let sit for an hour or so and then launder. Dawn is a great de-greaser. (08/04/2009)

By kwgzzs

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I get good results from Shout stain remover. I often don't find the stains till after they have run through the washer and dryer, and Shout will get them out. (08/04/2009)

By louel53

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I have used this several times on shirts that have been washed and dried before I caught the stain and it ALWAYS works. Spray the spot with WD-40, rub Dawn or other dish soap into the stain, then wash it as usual. It sounded weird the first time, but apparently the WD-40 reactivates the grease, then the Dawn takes it out. Good luck! (08/04/2009)

By kllyk113

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Mean Green. (08/05/2009)

By lorraina

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Shout has worked for me always if the clothes haven't been through the washer/dryer. It has worked almost always if it's been through the washer on warm and sometimes when it's gone through the dryer. I'm talking about for years, and I'm a messy eater. (08/05/2009)

By tennesue

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
A woman looking at a mysterious grease stain on her laundered clothing.
Mysterious Grease Stains on Clothing
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
Woman in white lace shirt gazing down
Removing Grease Stains on Lace Clothing
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄