Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I have a purple top 100 percent cotton and after washing it it found grease stains on it. I dabbed Fairy washing liquid onto the spots of grease allowed it to soak for about and hour, washed as normal in the washing machine and the grease vanished. I was delighted.

So try it if you have grease stains on your clothing even if your item of clothing was washed before treating it.

Source: I was told in my local dry cleaners.

By Jillian from Tralee, Kerry, Ireland

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

What is fairy washing liquid? Never heard of it. Where was it purchased? Thank you

Editor's Note: Fairy Liquid is a product of the UK. (11/02/2009)

By padufresne

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I live in Europe so I know exactly what Fairy liquid is, but for all you U.S. residents, the best substitute for fairy liquid is Dawn dishwashing detergent. Hope this helps. (11/02/2009)

By cett

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
Steam cleaning Upholstery
Removing Grease Stain on Upholstery
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
person in t-shirt pouring food oil in bowl
Cleaning Food Oil Stains from T-Shirts
Woman in white lace shirt gazing down
Removing Grease Stains on Lace Clothing