Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I would like to know an easy way of removing a grease stain from my jeans. I would like to wear my jeans the same day.

By Morris from MA

Answers:

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Lestoil works well to remove grease stains but it stinks to high heaven. Apply it to the stain and rub it in with your hands and let it sit a few minutes before laundering.

Another thing to try is the Awesome cleaner sold in dollar stores--it's a yellow liquid that looks like urine (pardon my vulgar description). I used this successfully to remove old grease stains from a shirt. (04/11/2010)

By OliveOyl

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Get a jar or container of hand cleaner for mechanics from the automotive department and rub it in the spot. Wash as usual. If the fabric will take the hot water, that should work best. Usually this works even if the garment has been washed. (04/11/2010)

By gilphil

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

Also, Dawn works. Just rub a small amount into the stain before washing. (04/14/2010)

By Keep Stitchin'

Removing Grease Stains from Clothing

I used the mechanic's hand cleaner method from "gilphil" to remove set in grease stains on a sweatshirt. And, it worked! 5 stains are completely gone. (04/18/2010)

By lindaprice

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
person in t-shirt pouring food oil in bowl
Cleaning Food Oil Stains from T-Shirts
Woman in white lace shirt gazing down
Removing Grease Stains on Lace Clothing
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄