Removing Gum From a Dryer

My husband left a pack of gum in his pants pocket, I didn't know this of course until I washed them and found the gum stuck to the side of the washer. I peeled what I could off and then grabbed a used dryer sheet. A little rubbing and it's all gone.

By Amy from Upstate NY

Answers:

Removing Gum From the Dryer

Wet a fabric softener sheet, and then use it to 'scrub' the gum. It works, and it doesn't leave any residue or odor in the dryer that wouldn't otherwise be there (as Goo Gone or WD-40 would). (10/05/2005)

By Sharkey

Removing Gum From the Dryer

I tried the above suggestion, with the fabric softener sheet, and it worked very well. The only difficult part was getting to the back, with out leaning on the door and breaking it. Other than that, the sheet worked very well. Thanks. (11/27/2005)

By Jennifer Martinez

Removing Gum From the Dryer

One easy way is to use "Goo-Gone" sticky gum type stuff remover product. I just did it. Watch out for the citrus flavor in the dryer when finished though :) Wipe it down with water. (05/19/2006)

By Andrew

Removing Gum From the Dryer

Use a cloth with liquid fabric softener to scrub and then wipe down. Comes right off and smells great too! (07/13/2006)

By Chrissy

Removing Gum From the Dryer

We used boiling water and poured it in the dryer to loosen up the gum, and then used dryer sheets to scrub it off. It worked like a charm! (08/07/2006)

By Scott

Removing Gum From the Dryer

Now, this load was a dissaster!
The gum was laid thin all over the drum, Thanks for the posts-what is the internet for otherwise-saved the day - the dryer sheets WORK! If you don't have Googone and you are not headed to the store, here is a solution- lemon cut in half or lemon juice works the same, also soak the dryer sheets in extra softner -saves on the rubbing. Putting a big (old)wet towel in with the lemon and getting it trough a cicle after helps with the back of the drum(unles you are determined with the elbow greese).Good Luck! (08/23/2006)

By Iva

Removing Gum From the Dryer

Skin-So-Soft bath/body oil also works, we just tried it! You'll need a rag and, depending on how big the wad of gum, a popsicle stick to help it along. And it smells nice. (08/26/2006)

By Felicia

Removing Gum From the Dryer

The stringy gum in my dryer looked like a spider web. Rubbing with just one wet dryer sheet made it all disappear in minutes. (08/30/2006)

By nevadamama

A dryer full of clothing.
Removing Gum from the Dryer
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
Removing Gum From Shoes
Removing Gum From Shoes
Removing Gum from Hair
Removing Gum from Hair
🎄