Removing Gum From a Dryer

My sons pants went through the dryer with gum in the pocket. How do I get the gum off the dryer wall?

Sandra

Answers:

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My son left an entire pack of orbit gum in his pocket-there is goo all over my new dryer drum! I dipped dryer sheets in fabric softener-works like magic! Thanks! (04/10/2007)

By sj

Removing Gum From a Dryer

A quick squirt of "Spray 'N Wash" laundry stain remover, and a light wipe with a damp rag is all you need. Ever. Whole pack of gum, done in 5 minutes.
(04/21/2007)

By Macho Man

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I called the makers of Goo Gone and they said "DO NOT use this product in the dryer!" The fumes are what is flammable not the product. (04/24/2007)

By Heidi

Removing Gum From a Dryer

The wet dryer sheet with the softener on it really works. Try turning on the dryer for a few seconds every minute or so to keep the drum warm and keep the dryer sheet wet. (04/30/2007)

By Cheri from pa

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Wet dryer sheet works great!! (04/30/2007)

By seahawksfan

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Wet dryer sheet works great!! (05/01/2007)

By seahawksfan

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Thanks so much. The dryer sheets really work! (05/02/2007)

By guest

Removing Gum From a Dryer

My boyfriend left orbit gum in his short pocket and we've had a mess in the dryer ever since! Thanks to these post (as soon as I found a solution I had to go run and try in on one part of the dryer) my boyfriend and I will TAKE TURNS cleaning the dryer before it's time to wash and dry a load again :). Trust me..he'll be doing most of the work! Ha Ha! Thanks to everyone who had ideas and solutions.(05/29/2007)

By Jess

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Thanks to the "Spray n' Wash" suggestion I tried "Shout." I sprayed down the dryer with "Shout" then scrubbed lightly with a toothbrush followed by a nylon, non-scratch sponge (i.e. the ones you'd use on your nice stainless steel pots and pans). Wipe down with a wet paper towel followed by a dry paper towel. The whole dryer was clean in 10 mins. (06/06/2007)

By MJM

Removing Gum From a Dryer

What a life-saver! Brand new washer/dryer set, within 19 hrs of having it saw streaks of red & black all in the dryer. I knew it was gum because I could smell it; "Big Red" to be exact. I was FURIOUS! I "Googled" a search for REMOVING GUM FROM DRYER and found this tip. You do have to use a lot of elbow grease and I think I lost about 10 lbs because it took me a while to get it all. But it was worth it. THANKS A MILLION!!! (07/04/2007)

By Annetta B of Cincinnati, OH

Removing Gum From a Dryer

The wet dryer sheet works!!! Thanks for the help! (07/05/2007)

By Gloria

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Another vote for dryer sheets. I dipped mine in rubbing alcohol. I went behind it wiping with a khaki clothe to pickup the little remainder that didn't stick to the dryer sheet, which wasn't much at all. (07/07/2007)

By Carolyn

Removing Gum From a Dryer

MAGICAL and VERY QUICK! Just a little bit of fabric softener on a dryer sheet and rub - the gum is GONE. I used no elbow grease, and my stress level decreased rapidly. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! (07/08/2007)

By Joshua's Mom in SC

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Dryer sheets worked great! But of course I only had one left. So necessity being the mother of invention, I used a damp papertowel dabbed with fabric softener along with a scraper (small plastic one used for scraping food off of ceramic & clay bakeware). Worked like a charm with very little elbow grease! Next time it happens i will use the dryer sheet in combo with the scraper - super fast! Thanks for the tip! Saved my family from my laundry etiquette rage lecture! (07/14/2007)

By sdavis623

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I used Goo Be Gone from Wal-Mart. Works great! (07/16/2007)

By Scotty G.

Removing Gum From a Dryer

The Spray n Wash didn't work for me but I tried the wet dryer sheet. WOW, I have a lot of gum but as long as it's a WET dryer sheet it makes it disappear in seconds. (08/04/2007)

By Heather

Removing Gum From a Dryer

People, use your heads. A little common sense won't kill you. DO NOT use Goo Gone or any type of spray that is flammable in your dryer. Read the labels before you use any chemicals. (08/10/2007)

By Jim

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Well, I took the dryer sheet advice and it worked great! I wet a used dryer sheet and pretty much cleaned the inside of my dryer with it! gum and whatever else was in there? I used a rag to wipe up the moisture from the wet dryer sheet. worked like a charm for me. (08/10/2007)

By Bob Miller

Removing Gum From a Dryer

By Bob Miller

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Another vote for a dryer sheet. I didn't even need a scraper. (08/15/2007)

By Gwyn

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Dryer sheet worked great. My son will never forget to take gum out of his pants pockets again. (08/17/2007)

By Nancy

GUM STAINS ON CLOTHES

GUMS was in the dryer and now it has stained my clothes. How do I remove that stain from my new clothes. (08/18/2007)

By CHINA DOLL

Removing Gum From a Dryer

The dryer sheet thing works if you are the man of steel, but you will spend 12 hours cubbing until your arms are numb. (08/26/2007)

By College kids and gum

Removing Gum From a Dryer

WOW! It worked wonderful!
Damp dryer sheet.

Thank you very much.. (08/29/2007)

By Denise

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I just discovered my son (he does his own laundry) left gum somewhere in the laundry, and it was dried all over my dryer. I googled this site and voila'. You ladies had the answer to my prayers....dryer sheets! I used 3 wet dryer sheets and then wiped out the dryer with damp paper towel. It worked like a charm! It only took me a few minutes, but didn't tell my son it was that easy to clean. ;) Thanks again ladies, I'm bookmarking this site! (08/29/2007)

By VegasMom

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I just tried it and it really works! We had gum all over our dryer from either my son's or husband's pockets. It came out is a snap, and my husband pitched in too. I bet my boys check their pockets from now on. (09/01/2007)

By

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Well, gum just got all over my husband's police uniforms. I poured a little Downey on a dish pad and scrubbed. It worked really well. The fabric sheet thing did not do so well for me. (09/02/2007)

By Faith

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Dryer sheet with a little liquid fabric softener worked great! (09/09/2007)

By Pissed MO. Dad

Removing Gum From a Dryer

WOW! A dryer sheet and a little fabric softener works wonders! We just got our new dryer with a stainless steel drum one day ago. My husband accidentally left a piece of gum in his pocket (and I forgot to check the pockets). It left a messy sticky residue all over the drum. The shine was GONE! I decided to look online and found this website (Praise the Lord!). After reviewing all the post I decided to try the dryer sheets. After about 20-30 minutes of rubbing, my dryer looks flawless. The work was not in vain. Thanks for whomever had the great idea! It was indeed a blessing! (09/09/2007)

By Takishya from NC

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I have to agree. My boyfriend dried three PACKAGES of gum...yes 15 sticks of gum. BUT half a box of wet dryer sheets later, you never would have known that he almost ruined our two week old dryer. :) Here is a hint: once you have some of the wet dryer goo on the surface, use a scrubby sponge to avoid having to use as much elbow grease. Good luck! (09/16/2007)

By Mynette

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I left my gum in my pockets and put my pants in the wash then the dryer. I come back and look at my dryer and there was green gum all in it, so i used a whole bunch of different things. The thing that worked was putting rubbing alcohol on a scrub thing, like something you would wash dishes with but its rougher/tougher than a sponge. It worked with some elbow grease. (09/23/2007)

By hxcmetal13

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Success! My little boy left gum in his pants pocket and I found it in the dryer. I read the ideas posted here and used what I had on hand: dryer sheets (wet) and a wooden spatula (I don't have a plastic scraper). I found that if the dryer was cool it took a lot of elbow grease so I let the dryer run empty for about 10 minutes and the gum came right off. (09/25/2007)

By Annie

Removing Gum From a Dryer

That gum was a mess in my brand new large capacity dryer! I used 3 wet softener sheets - a SMALL price to pay for a clean, ready to use clothes dryer. Thanks for the "TIP". The manufacturer of my appliance didn't even have this info! (10/02/2007)

By fire1mom

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Great idea. I racked my brain thinking of a slickery liquid to use and found here that softener is the best idea! But, I used #0000 steel wool *super fine" to get the gum off. The gum "chunks" stick into the steel wool leaving nothing but softener on the drum. A quick wipe with a wet terry rag or two then run a cycle of towels. Cleans as new! (10/09/2007)

By Linda

Removing Gum From a Dryer

Yup, my husband left a stick of gum in his jeans pocket & it was all over the tub of our new stainless steel dryer. I don't use dryer sheets so I grabbed my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser & it came completely off without any hassle! They are magic! (10/14/2007)

By M. Phillips

Removing Gum (or anything else stuck on) From a Dryer

Something in someones pocket was stuck all around the drum of my dryer. I panicked. I came to this site and read what everyone had to say. As bizarre as it seemed I wet a Bounce dryer sheet and with little effort cleaned the back wall of the dryer. It was magic! Thank you all for sharing this life-saver. (10/15/2007)

By Mommit

Removing Gum From a Dryer

We tried the Magic Eraser and Wet Dryer Sheets (of course it was my husband's fault the gum got stuck in the dryer in the first place) Took about 5 minutes to clean using the Dryer sheets- after using google to find this site. thank you so much!! (10/21/2007)

By guest

Removing Gum From a Dryer

WooHoo!
Another vote for dryer sheets and a plastic scraper!
If you don't have a plastic scraper, go to the dollar store and buy one! It makes this sooo much easier!
I ran the dryer for a few minutes to warm it up. That helped too. I also used hot water on the dryer sheets. Only needed two for a LOT of gum residue.
Thank you for the great tip! (10/22/2007)

By Holly in MI

Removing Gum From a Dryer

I very stupidly forgot to check my pants before throwing them in the wash and dryer. I had left an entire pack of gum in the pocket! Needless to say, the dryer looked horrible gum hardened EVERYWHERE on the inside! Tried hot water and a sponge with scrub and toothbrush at first....no luck! barely got anywhere! But by wetting dryer sheets and scrubbing, everything came off fairly easy. It took 6 sheets and about half hour...yeah, it was ALOT of gum! Thanks for the tip!! AWESOME! and cheap! (11/08/2007)

By Vance

A dryer full of clothing.
Removing Gum from the Dryer
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
Removing Gum From Shoes
Removing Gum From Shoes
Removing Gum from Hair
Removing Gum from Hair
🎉
🎄