Removing Hair Dye from Hands

After a night dyeing my friends hair black with no gloves (dumb mistake on my part), my hands were so stained that I could not see my pasty white skin, LOL. I tried everything posted on here to remove it and my grandma suggested fabric softener and dish soap.

It worked quite well, I soaked my hands in it and scrubbed gently with a dish scrubber for about 10 minutes, and it was almost all gone. Then I lathered my hands with aloe lotion for 10 minutes and proceeded doing this 4 times in a row. Worked for me my hands are now clean and pasty white again =)

I wish you all the best with your own hair dye catastrophe.

By kenziebaby from Canada

Removing Hair Dye from Hands

I'll have to remember this! I do wear gloves but sometimes a hole develops in the glove or some dye seeps into the glove at the wrist opening. Thanks for the tip. (03/04/2010)

By OliveOyl

Removing Hair Dye from Hands

We learned in hairdressing school that hair dye removes hair dye so if this should ever happen again just add a little dye to your skin, lather with soap and rinse. It should work.

One other thing, no one should ever dye their hair black. The darkest brown yes, black no. Bad look and carcinogenic. (03/05/2010)

By Judie

Removing Hair Dye from Hands
A woman dyeing her hair at home.
Removing Hair Dye from a Linoleum or Vinyl Floor
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub