Removing Hair Spray from Furniture

I recently got quite a bit of hair spray and a tiny bit of nail polish on my brown, leather sofa and my lamp, which is metal (don't know what kind, it's the base of the lamp) with a dull-brass shade. Help. I'm afraid to try to clean either one, for fear of removing the brown dye on the sofa and damaging the finish on my lamp. Ideas, please? Thanks so much for your help.

By AnnahFM from Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Removing Hair Spray from Furniture

My DD used a lot of hair spray, and the mirror in the bathroom had a film on it when she moved out. I used shampoo and it came right off. Don't know if it would work for your furniture, but it might. (06/26/2009)

By PrairieLady

Can of Aerosol Spray
Removing Hair Spray from Furniture
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle