Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

Does anyone know how to get hairspray off your bathroom wall without stripping the paint off too? I never realized how bad my wall looks from me using hair spray to get my hair ready in the mornings!

Mandi from Erie

Answers:

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

Removing Hairspray Residue. You can use this formula to remove hair spray residue from any hard surface -- vanities, tile, floors, walls, etc. Mix a solution of 1/3 liquid fabric softener and 2/3 water in a spray bottle. Spray on the surface to be cleaned, and wipe. Not only does it remove hair spray, it also acts as a dust repellent and shines vanities beautifully.

http://www.queenofclean.com/tips/bath.html

By SweetCali40

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

Spray vinegar on the wall and wipe off. tough areas may need to be scraped with an old credit card or something like it but vinegar works, is cheap, safe and the smell evaporates.

By tardev

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

Be careful with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers on color painted walls. I tried this and it left white streaks on my dark red wall. Oops! Works great on white walls though. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser also works wonders on taking rub marks, door dings, etc off my white car.

By Michele

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

I tried using Mr. Clean Eraser and it didn't do anything. Going to try shampoo and water, if this doesn't work someone posted to try alcohol. I will try anything at this point without having to paint my walls.
Thanks.

By Effie

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

I tried the rubbing alcohol. It didn't remove the hairspray, but it did remove paint!

By Guest

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

The BEST and easiest way to remove hairspray from anything is to make a paste of nothing but water & baking soda. make it pretty thick and then rub it in. Let it set a minute or two then wash off. This works on walls, sinks, mirrors, even your barrettes, curling irons/brushes, etc.

If you have a lot of build-up on your hair, get a small cup (like a dixie cup or something), pour in double the amount of shampoo you normally use, then mix in baking soda...make it like 2 parts shampoo and one part baking soda. spread evenly on your hair. Let it set a good while. My hair is long & thick and it had a lot of build-up and it took 45 minutes. It just depends on how long/thick/thin your hair is and the amount of build up you have. After that, rinse VERY GOOD...then, wash again as normal and then condition it . You will see a HUGE difference. It will not effect perms/haircolor or anything. Baking soda just dissolves the hairspray.

Our salons around here do this 'hair-treatment' and charge high prices for it. I promise---this really works. I have never met one person that this has not worked on. Hope this helps.

By jenjoejace

WARNING: Mr Clean Magic Erasers

Be careful using Mr Clean Magic Erasers in your home. If you do use it, wear disposable gloves and wash the area you rubbed with the pad.
These pads contain formaldehyde, a known toxic carcenogin.

By Brian

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls
young man using hairspray in front of mirror
Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces
hair spray
Uses for Hairspray
cleaning walls
Removing Soot from Walls and Ceiling
Homemade Hairspray
Homemade Hairspray Recipes
🎄