Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

Anybody have any suggestions on getting hairspray residue off the walls in the bathroom.

Richelle from Orem, UT

Answers:

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

Baking soda in water works great. (09/16/2007)

By mz thang

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

The fabric softener and water have worked. I have been battling this for a year. Alcohol removed the paint. Nothing else worked. We had to repaint the wall. Thanks so much for the suggestion. (01/07/2008)

By guest

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

This truly works.
My guess is you've got mirrors hanging in front of those areas, and guests are spritzing there instead of in the bathroom. To remove the sticky stuff without harming the wood's finish, dampen a terry or microfiber cloth with some isopropyl alcohol (70 percent) and rub over the surface. Wipe with a dampened cloth, then dry with a clean, absorbent cloth. If the area still feels tacky, sponge it down with hot water mixed with a few drops of liquid dish soap. Wipe and dry. Waxing or polishing the woodwork will make it easier to clean the next time. (02/10/2008)

By phyllis m

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls

Thanks SweetCali40. That's the best tip I have tried yet, and I'm trying to get years of build up off our floors. I have recently married and my husband although a clean person did not do windows and floors. So for years there has been layer over layer of hairspray gathering on the floors in our bathrooms. I have tried countless things and always ended up with sticky floors, but not much else. With a little elbow grease and your recipe of 1 part fabric softener, and 2 parts water I succeeded.

I not only have lifted most of the film, but also have a most wonderful smelling bathroom. Although I realize I will have to apply this a second time to lift the rest of the layers I am extremely pleased with the results so far. The floor looks much cleaner already. Many thanks to you. (02/23/2008)

By Dancer

Removing Hairspray Build Up on Walls
young man using hairspray in front of mirror
Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces
hair spray
Uses for Hairspray
cleaning walls
Removing Soot from Walls and Ceiling
Homemade Hairspray
Homemade Hairspray Recipes
🎄