Removing Hairspray from a Mirror

I am trying to get hairspray off of mirrors. I've tried alcohol, hot water, and Magic Eraser. Some of these things work sometimes, but not all the time. Any other ideas that will definitely work? I desperately need help please.

Thanks a bunch.

By SR from TX

Removing Hairspray from a Bathroom Mirror

Try acetone or nail polish remover. Put some on a cotton ball and hold onto the hair spray spots for a few seconds then rub away. I once got super glue on a glass plate and used this technique to get it off and it worked. Good luck! (04/21/2010)

By abrupt_silence

Try straight ammonia (it also works for nicotine and smoke damage after a fire). But my all time favorite cleaner (for practically everything really stubborn) is the Dollar Store equivalent of "Scrubbing Bubbles" (a bathroom spray-cleaner in an aerosol can). It cleans most anything! In fact, when my oil furnace exploded years ago, it's the only thing that would clean up that nasty, oily soot)! Also, I've had Dollar Store employees tell me that contractors will come in and purchase "Awesome" by the case, because it removes tar from carpeting! Another idea: fingernail polish remover, it's gotta work! (there are 2 kinds, one for artificial nails and regular, which is stronger). You must be using some heavy duty hairspray! (04/21/2010)

By Cyinda

Hand sanitizer gel removes hairspray on mirrors instantly.

By Monique63

Dawn puts out a product called Power Dissolver that will take anything off anything. I've even used it to take old dried on paint spots off items. Fantastic product! (04/22/2010)

By ptaggart

Dampen the mirror and use the old single-edge razor blade. You (or your hubby) probably has one in the tool box. (04/22/2010)

By Cajun62234

Use colored ink from a newspaper and warm water. Put on gloves, bunch up a couple sheets of colored newspaper and rub going down the mirror. Do not touch anything white like caulking or sheet rock. The ink will shine it also. From an old southern lady who does this often. I have four mirrors at my house and several at my camp. People always think I hire a cleaning company and it is just little ole me.

Jeannie (04/22/2010)

By JD60

Use window cleaner. Put it on thick, let it sit. Then keep reapplying. (Don't let it dry in between). It will get hairspray off of the mirror. Good luck! (04/25/2010)

By AngelLoveInOhio

Removing Hairspray from a Mirror
young man using hairspray in front of mirror
Cleaning Hairspray Off Bathroom Surfaces
Girl putting on hairspray.
Removing Hairspray from a Mirror
hair spray
Uses for Hairspray
Homemade Hairspray
Homemade Hairspray Recipes