Removing Hard Water Deposits From Faucets

Stubborn hard-water stain on my chrome faucets. Any ideas? I tried a rag soaked heavily in white vinegar for hours, no effect at all. Won't even scrape off with a plastic knife. How can I do the fizz idea given for showerheads with this faucet base? Thanks!

Kim from Moses Lake WA

Remove Hard Water Deposits From Faucets

I have well water and very bad rust stains I use The Works Tub and Shower Cleaner. All the rust stains come right off. The smell isn't nice but it gets the job done. Be sure to rinse well after use.

Have a great day! (06/26/2007)

By mommy8532

Remove Hard Water Deposits From Faucets

We have a water softener, but because we're on well water we still have some hard water stains on our faucets. We've tried it all, from baking soda to store bought 'solutions'. None of them worked.

We now use Turtle Wax Rubbing and Polishing Compound. It's easy, it's inexpensive, relatively safe, and there's no odor. We even use the polishing compound to polish the laminate countertops, and the Corian (was actually recommended for the Corian). (06/26/2007)

By Anonymous

Remove Hard Water Deposits From Faucets

Try a product called Bar Keepers Friend. I have never used the powder, but I love the liquid. I don't even buy kitchen or bathroom cleaners anymore. This works so well! (06/27/2007)

By Heather

Remove Hard Water Deposits From Faucets

Try using a Magic Eraser. I get the ones at the Dollar store 2/$1. Removing soap scum from chrome is the thing they do best! We have very hard water and a lot of soap scum. I was amazed how well it cleaned my faucets and chrome trim. (07/23/2007)

By Joy

Remove Hard Water Deposits From Faucets

Try Bring-It-ON water spot remover. It's a paste that you wipe on, leave on for a few minutes to dissolve the minerals, and wipe off. Invented by a gal that got tired of trying things that didn't work!

By donrowlett

Remove Hard Water Deposits From Faucets

I use Comet or baking soda on my bath tub faucets. The Comet worked quicker and did not take as much "elbow grease" as the baking soda. (03/11/2008)

By brunyon

Remove Hard Water Deposits From Faucets

Or you can just install a filter that removes hard water sediment, sand, and soil deposits. (04/22/2008)

By Adrian

Remove Hard Water Deposits From Faucets

Thanks y'all, I'll try those, and thanks for the caution on vinegar damage! --Kim (06/26/2007)

By kimhis

Removing Hard Water Deposits from Faucets
Plumber fixing a leaky faucet.
Fixing Leaky Faucets
A clean bathroom faucet.
Cleaning Bathroom Fixtures
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Water Heater
Removing Calcium Deposits in a Water Heater