Removing Ink From Paper

By mistake I struck out a few words on an important paper with red ink. I need to remove these red marks from the paper, otherwise I will be in big trouble. Can you please help me?

Chandra from Toronto, CA

Answers:

Removing Ink From Paper

If it's white paper try bleach on a q-tip, just dampen and try with your ink on another piece of paper first. Silly putty can work also, the fun tack type of product. (10/08/2008)

By joeb

Removing Ink From Paper

Hairspray should take ink out. I have used it on clothing and other things that had ink on it. (10/08/2008)

Removing Ink From Paper

Have you tried to use a pencil eraser? It should work. I have also used hairspray to remove ink from clothing and what not. Good luck. (10/08/2008)

By m r

Removing Ink From Paper

Here's a link that explains best how to remove ink from paper. Hope it helps you. Continue reading down the whole page for more tips.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/69751. (10/08/2008)

By Lorelei

Removing Ink From Paper

Unless this important paper HAS to be the original (for instance an "original" legal document), a photocopy (not color copy, obviously) will give you something with most of the red strikeouts not visible. After that, a little careful tracing over printing with a fine tip black pen and then ANOTHER photocopy (to even out the colors) may do the trick, and rather simply and easily. You may have already tried this, or may need to be able to restore the original document (like if it's a legal paper). Hope this just might help! (10/10/2008)

By LauraA

Removing Ink From Paper

In art school, we typically used what is called a fiberglass eraser. It is comprised of fine strands of fiberglass, and when you use it, it takes off the top fibers of the paper, leaving the under paper with no markings on it. But you must be extremely careful; if you just rub, it will make a hole clear through the paper. If you choose to get one, practice a lot to make sure you don't ruin the original document. (10/12/2008)

By susanmajp

Removing Ink From Paper

Hairspray works about as well as water. (12/10/2008)

By bob

Removing Ink From Paper
spilled ink on document
Removing Ink From Paper
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄