Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

How to remove ink from your carpet?

Stephanie from Spring City, PA

Answers:

Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

I don't normally post things, but I came home and my puppy ate a black pen, and it soaked into the beige carpet. All I had in the house was the rubbing alcohol. Thank you to whoever came up with that. You saved my life, and probably the dog too from the wrath of my wife. (09/02/2007)

By John

Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

Me too. Dog, black pen, beige carpet installed in September. I have tried everything on this site for 3 days. I never let the stain dry completely, but it would not budge. I finally decided that I would rather have a white stain than a black one. First I put lemon juice on it and opened the shades so that the sun would bleach it. It made it lighter, but I could still see it.

I then took Clorox "Ultimate Care" bleach and a toothbrush and carefully brushed the stain. It came up immediately and then I immediately soaked up all the bleach with cotton shop towels. So far it looks really good. It did break down a little bit of the actual twist in the fiber, but you have to get on your hands and knees to see it. Good Luck. (12/11/2007)

By Linda

BLUE INK!!

My dog was sleeping in my room for the first time. I slept like a baby throughout the the entire night as I did not hear any noise. I thought my dog had been a really good boy until I woke up the next morning. There was dog pee all over the carpet, toilet paper surrounded the room and worst of all my brand new $800.00 mat. There was blue ink all over it. I tried a combination of OxiClean and alcohol and it worked like magic to the eye.

Thanks again.

Steph (04/24/2008)

By Steph

Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

Dog ate Bic ball point pen and got big gobs of ink on beige carpet. Alcohol and hairspray - did not work very well. A product called Amodex worked wonders. Skip that other stuff, it will tend to set the stain. (10/03/2008)

By DaveK

Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

Another product that works great on stains is Folex; this is a spray and you can find it at Walmart and Lowe's; it is sold in quart and gallon size containers. It has been on the market for over 35 years. I have used it to remove pet vomit (especially hard to remove if the yellow bile in the vomit has set in the carpet), pet urine and other stains. I used Folex first when my dog chewed up a pen that had purple dye in the ink and it got on the carpet; then I followed up with the Oxy-Clean powder and rubbing alcohol paste. Using a toothbrush I gently rubbed the stain until it went away. Great results. (02/15/2009)

By Lisa

Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

My dog chewed a black ink pen and left a black ink pen stain. I tried a stain fighter first. It was supposed to be super concentrated. But all it did was spread the stain even more. So then I poured alcohol all over the stain. That got most of the stain out. But I was left with what was spread. So I tried the baking soda and vinegar mix. That got most of the rest of the stain out. You can still see a little bit of blue. But not as much as before. Thank you, a lot. (07/10/2009)

By pebbleslover023

Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

My dog chewed a ball point pen and got it all over the carpet. I tried the alcohol and blotting method and seemed to work, but I have better things to do with my day. I went out to the shop got the wet vac, a spray bottle and filled with 91% alcohol, turned on the vac and saturated the stain and vacuumed vigorously, spray, vac, spray, vac. No blotting needed and no bleeding. Done in 20 minutes carpet clean to the backing. (07/31/2009)

By mikegj

A room with light colored carpet.
Removing Ink Stains on Carpet
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄