Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

How do I get ink out of carpeting?

By Gloria from Milwaukee, WI

Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

I don't know exactly, but there is a product called Incredible and I buy it at my local Kroger grocery store in Houston, Texas USA. It got eyeliner pencil out of almost white carpeting in a condo I was renting. I sweated that one out, I can tell you.

The only other thing I can think of, and I'd try it in a tiny part of your carpet first, is aerosol hairspray. It gets out ink from clothing I know that. Maybe you have a leftover piece of your carpet from after it was installed and you can test the hairspray on that piece.

I have no more tricks up my sleeve, sorry, but good luck. (10/23/2009)

By metroplex

Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

Hairspray! Works every time. Soak the stain with hair spray. Blot, but do not rub. This has worked hundreds of times with getting ink out of beige carpet to jeans. (10/24/2009)

By beaglepete

Removing Ink Stains From Carpet

Printer cartridge (cyan color) leaked two drops over the beige carpet. Out of desperation I magnified 2 drops to 8x2 inches by rubbing with wet paper towel. Thanks for the tips here. I used Oxiclean, first dabbed the stained area with Oxiclean mixed with water (1 tea spoon of Oxiclean with 6 or 8 oz of water). With just 4 swipes my carpet is spotless (don't reuse wiped off paper towel). (11/03/2009)

By Sam2006

A room with light colored carpet.
Removing Ink Stains on Carpet
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet