Removing Ink Stains from Carpet

I have an ink stain on my carpet. The carpet is tannish brownish.

By RJOU from Los Angeles, CA

Answers:

Removing Ink Stains from Carpet

I got on this site because of a pet/ink pen emergency on white carpet. I used Oxiclean powder with water and it is now spotless. About an hour and 7 white bath towels, now ruined, later. The key is to keep adding solution to the blotted spot like you are starting over each time, and blotting almost dry and then repeat. Near the end, the towels were barely picking up color so then I started to flush with plain water. Soak carpet with solution and blot, don't rub. You have to be patient, of course I was panicked for the first 15 minutes, but then I could see I was starting to win the game. The carpet is literally spotless. I started with two quarter sized spots of black ink from a Uniball pen. The process took me an hour and it is a good workout. Good luck! (06/23/2010)

By dleigh217

A room with light colored carpet.
Removing Ink Stains on Carpet
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄