Removing Ink Stains from Carpet

Cartridge ink leaked onto nylon carpet. It was a small mark, but when I treated it with white vinegar it spread to a huge spot as big as a dinner plate. I have treated it a number of times and soaked up with paper towel and chamois, but it is still there. It is now a bluish colour on a beige carpet.

By Nicole from Australia NSW

Answers:

Removing Ink Stains from Carpet

I'm not sure if it will still work seeing you have used vinegar, but spray with hairspray, cover with a cloth and iron the ink spot and the cloth will soak up the ink, works with Biro as well. (07/02/2010)

By Cheekes

Removing Ink Stains from Carpet

I use hair spray on all ink stains and shoe polish stains, if the hairspray doesn't work try hydrogen peroxide. Of course since peroxide is a bleaching agent I would check it in an area that isn't very visible, to see if the carpet fiber itself will be bleached by this. (07/03/2010)

By Cleo1978

Removing Ink Stains from Carpet

I do a little tattooing from home. My 3 year old son got hold of some ink and squirted it all over my new light tan carpet, at first I panicked and went to it with hot soapy water (bad idea) the ink just smudged and got worse. Since reading the previous comment, I've tried hair spray removing most of the stain, followed by nail varnish remover, and a little of the good old Smirnoff vodka, the stain has not totally gone, but has been reduced to a very light hue. I will continue to try different methods to totally remove the light hue left and report back. Thanks to all for the previous comments.
P.S. Don't let the stain dry. (01/31/2011)

By tregaa

A room with light colored carpet.
Removing Ink Stains on Carpet
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Cleaning Carpet
Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
🎉
🎄