Removing Ink Stains on a White Leather Jacket

Category Leather
You can use the same methods for cleaning ink off of a white leather jacket as you would use on other leather clothing or furniture. This is a guide about removing ink stains on a white leather jacket.

How can you get smudged blue ink stains off of a white leather jacket?

Wendy from Hamilton, ON

Best Answer

You can use Acetone (nail polish remover) when used lightly it can remove anything from leather. Too much will take the paint off the leather though.

Best Answer

I tried everything in my cabinet from leather cleaner, bleach awesome, alcohol, magic eraser just to name a few. I thought my white leather stool was ruined, then I saw your method and it worked perfectly. Acetone took the marks out immediately, just be careful not to get it on any wood, it will ruin the finish. Thank you for the great tip.

I need help! I'm so sad because I didn't know my ball point pen in my backpack was marking the elbow area of my WHITE LEATHER JACKET that I LOVE so much! I don't know what to do. I tried a little hairspray and also perfume but they both took the color away. Any tips? This jacket was a gift, please help me! Thank you!

M. from California

Thank u. Acetone took it right off.

I need help! I'm so sad because I didn't know my ball point pen in my backpack was marking the elbow area of my white leather jacket that I love so much! I don't know what to do. I tried a little hairspray and also perfume but they both took the color away. Any tips? This jacket was a gift, please help me! Thank you!

M. from California

Answers:

Pen On White Leather Jacket

Please before you give up, try antibacterial hand gel. It works on many different kinds of stains and hasn't harmed any surface I've used it on. Hairspray contains laquer and I would be careful what I put it on. Laquer is very sticky and gooey. It's what gums up the sprayer on your hairspray bottle. (01/22/2005)

By jeangnome46

Pen On White Leather Jacket

Try the Eraser by Mr Clean. It might work.

(01/22/2005)

By Michele

Pen On White Leather Jacket

I have a facial cleanser called Phisohex. It's an antibacterial cleanser. I just put a little dab of it on the edge of a washcloth with water and it did the charm, without stripping my leather jacket of it's creamy dark brown color. (04/01/2005)

By Crystal

Pen On White Leather Jacket

You could try dandruff shampoo, head and shoulders, it works great on my couch (its not white it's congac) and it did not cause any discoloration. I just damply wet a cloth and rubbed the shampoo directly into the stain and gently rubbed until it was gone. It took just a minute, don't wet shampoo just the cloth apply shampoo directly from bottle. (09/08/2006)