Removing Ink from Leather

How do you remove ink from leather?

Candice from Chicago, IL

Answers:

Removing Ink from Leather

I used hairspray for my tan italian leather sofa and there was a lot of designs from our son. The marks are now very light. Have not tried alcohol yet. Thankyou for all of your help. (03/16/2007)

By STEPH

Removing Ink from Leather

Surgical spirit worked for me!
(04/16/2007)

By Nuz

Removing Ink from Leather

Use Amodine, it needs to be done gradually, apply, wipe off, apply wipe off. It worked really well on a beige leather that I have - did not appear to hurt leather. I ordered it from ebay. (04/18/2007)

By Sheryl

Removing Ink from Leather

My mother in law was staying and she left a pen on the couch. It moved of is own accord and drew a line across my cream couch. I found this site after using leather cleaner, vanish and vinegar. the hairspray worked a treat.

Thanks

PS: Can I use it on mother in law to make her vanish. (04/19/2007)

By aec

Removing Ink from Leather

During my weekly leather sofa dusting I discover a ink spot so I took the advice about and I used the hairspray first and it didn't work but then I used the alcohol and it came right up! Be careful and use a Q-tip on just that spot were the ink is because it can leave a white tint as if the color is being removed but afterwards I just used some leather conditin on it and it, better than an ink spot.

By April

photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Woman hands using a upholstery attachment to wash a purple suede couch
Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄