Removing Ink from Leather

How do I remove ink from leather?

Cindy from Chester, SC

Answers:

Removing Ink from Leather

I used rubbing alcohol and it did remove the blue ink stain on my leather sectional, but it removed the color in that area. Now I need to find a leather shoe polish in a light gray color to try to correct the color. (02/26/2008)

By TJR

Removing Ink from Leather

My little boy created ink artwork on our Italian leather rust colored sofa. I just tried the rubbing alcohol and it worked really well. I used a Q-tip and it came right off. There is a light stain, but I didn't want to press my luck rubbing too hard on those areas. Thanks for the great idea. (02/26/2008)

By Rachael

Removing Ink from Leather

A huge thank you to all that recommended hairspray. Our son took the brightest orange highlighter ever to our cream leather couch this morning. We tried all the common household cleaners, leather cleaner, even Shout wipes and while they faded the art work, the hairspray was the only product that removed the stain and color and did not discolour the couch. (05/11/2008)

By Stacey

Removing Ink from Leather

(submitted via email)

After trying everything to remove ballpoint ink from a light green leather chair, I used Clinique Clarifying Toner and it floated away.

Shareen (06/12/2008)

By jess

Removing Ink from Leather

I tried to used alcohol on my brown leather bag, it didn't work and left a faded white spot on it. I am very upset. I then tried the hairspray. It lighten the stain, but did not completely remove the stain. Do not use alcohol. (09/17/2008)

By

Removing Ink from Leather

Tried hairspray didn't work, but Purell hand sanitizer did. It has moisturizers in it so it didn't harm or dry out the leather. (09/24/2008)

By Bren

Removing Ink from Leather

After falling asleep on the chair and waking up to a 2 year old with an ink mark on his face. I examined the furniture to see that he colored, "mama, it"s pretty" all over my brown leather couch. I tried hairspray and it still left remnants of the ink, along with faded color where I'd used it. I tried Purell hand sanitizer, as a previous poster mentioned, and it, too, faded the color, but left the ink. Finally, I got out my Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and TADA! Ink is gone and no color change. Now I just wish I'd used the eraser first so my couch wouldn't have all of the faded spots. (10/05/2008)

By Corty

Removing Ink from Leather

Try Clorox Ultimate Care, it works the best, but only on white leather. Amazingly it will not mess it up.
(11/25/2008)

By tson2008

Removing Ink from Leather

Do not use hairspray. I just used it on my Acura MDXs dark tan leather headrest and when I started rubbing the area with ink pen marks. I began damaging the leather and it revealed a dark brown color in it's place. Maybe I rubbed too hard, but either way the ink stain is still there where the leather didn't fade. Big bummer, now I need to get some leather repair. (12/23/2008)

By Greg

Removing Ink from Leather

I used 100% all natural Witch Hazel, containing 14% alcohol, on the ink (purple and orange) spots my son left from his hand stamps. Also used it to remove miscellaneous stains. It worked like a charm with no discoloration. My soft leather furniture is beige. Does not appear to be dried out as a result. Applied with Q-tips, then changed to a soft cloth which seems to work better. (12/31/2008)

By Lori

Removing Ink from Leather

(Submitted via email)

I have a light beige leather lounge suite and I used CK In2u deodorant and it worked so well because it has alcohol in. I was very impressed. I am sure that you can use any substance with alcohol in.

Althea (02/11/2009)

By Sally_Admin

Removing Ink from Leather

My nephew took a black marker to my sisters leather. Her friend suggested men's AXE spray. Cleaned it right up. (02/15/2009)

By Deb

photo of brown leather couch
Removing Pen from Leather Furniture
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a CD or DVD
Woman hands using a upholstery attachment to wash a purple suede couch
Cleaning Pen Ink on a Suede Couch
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄