Removing Kleenex from Clothing

If you have ever forgotten to take a Kleenex out of your pocket before putting the item into the wash, you know how frustrating it is to remove the paper bits and lint that are left behind. This is a guide about removing Kleenex from clothing.

February 7, 2015 Flag

Much as we all try, sometimes we leave a tissue in a pocket of our pants and wash them. Then, the clothes will be covered in lint.

There's no need to rewash the load, just put a fabric softener sheet in the dryer and tumble for a while. I don't even use a whole one, because I cut them in thirds. Most of the lint will wind up in your lint trap.

I don't use dryer sheets as a rule, because I don't like the toxins they release, but I consider this an emergency, and like I said, I cut them in thirds anyway.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 10, 2013 Flag

If you open the washing machine and find tissue lint all over your clothes, there's no reason to rewash the load. Put a dryer sheet, like Bounce, in the dryer and tumble the load. Most of the tissue will wind up in the lint trap.

I don't even use a whole sheet, I cut them in thirds.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 13, 2014 Flag

A Kleenex was left in a pocket and was washed with the clothes and is everywhere! Can I go ahead and put them in the dryer? Shake out? Or wash again?

By Meredith

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

This has happened so many times at my house! Go ahead and put them in the dryer. The lint collector should pick up the biggest pieces. If your clothes come out with little bits of tissue stuck on them afterwards, re-wash and put the load through another dryer cycle. I hope this helps!

Best Answer

I do this quite often and get so disgusted with myself for not checking pockets before putting clothes in the washer. After running the clothes through the dryer, it all comes loose. When I take the clothes out of the dryer I give them a good shaking. Then I have to sweep the floor, wipe out the dryer and the lint trap will be full. What's that old saying, "A stitch in time saves nine".

February 7, 2011 Flag

How do you clean wet tissues off clothes that got missed when put in the wash?

By Pat from PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Put those items in the dryer, and most of the tissue will end up on your dryer's lint screen. The rest you can remove by hand.

truerblue in PA

Best Answer

I buy a roll of contact-type paper, found at stores like Dollar General. It's great for removing lint, and it can be cut in sheets, rather than using rolls of tape. You might also try vacuuming the clothing with the (dried) tissue pieces. Good luck with that. Oh, although I don't use a dryer, I have found that putting a wet "linty" item in the dryer for a few minutes will leave it with much of the lint removed.

I buy Puffs instead of Kleenex as they come out of my Maytag washer and dryer in one piece when I miss one in a pocket. I have never been able to find Puffs in a small pack so still have to buy Kleenex in pocket packs.

I usually pick off what I can by hand and then throw in the dryer.

I usually don't see it until it's dried, and then it peels right off.

March 28, 2006 Flag

I left a facial tissue in the wash. What a mess! How do I get this off the "drip drys"?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I Have used those lint rollers that are like inside out masking tape. The brand name ones tend to stick to the lint better and make it less work.

I hate it when that happens! No matter how careful I am I seem to do that at least once a year!

If the clothing item is being drip dried only because of a shrinkage issue I would imagine you could tumble it in the dryer with no heat and that would remove much of the lint.

If it is is a fragile item that can't be tumbled then I think you'd need to rewash it and rinse (and rinse) in fresh water until all the lint was removed.

I would let the drip dry things dry then toss them in the dryer on fluff--a cold setting or the last few minutes on most dryer settings is a cool down time and might be enough to fluff the tissue off.

I use a piece of nylon netting to remove lint from

clothing in the dryer. 1/2 yard should be more than enough & your cost should be 50 cents or less.

I rewash mine when it happens to me. Also, you can put them in the dryer on "air fluff" cycle. If you add another item like a towel when you fluff them in the dryer, they'll come out better...

Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJanuary 12, 2015
Little Girl using Kleenex Facial Tissues
Saving Money on Facial Tissues
Woman holding a dog in arms.
Removing Pet Hair from Clothing
Laundry Tips and Tricks, Dirty Laundry in a White Basket
Laundry Tips and Tricks
Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes
Uses for Empty Tissue Boxes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 8:16:39 PM on 10.0.1.67 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.