Removing Kool Aid Stains

I am looking for info on getting red punch Kool Aid stain out of white upholstery. I need to know the safest way to remove it. I'm not sure of fabric, it is a bench seat in front of my bed.

By 3fornana from Verona, PA

Answers:

Removing Kool Aid Stains

Buy a can of Spot Shot carpet cleaner. You can find it with the carpet cleaners at Walmart, grocery stores, dollar stores, etc. The can is dark blue with an orange top. I haven't tried it for red Kool-Aid, but so far I haven't found any stains that it won't remove. (09/07/2009)

By Southern Saver

Removing Kool Aid Stains

I use Arm and Hammer spray. I think it is called scrub free. It comes in a yellow, non-aerosol bottle. It has a strong bleach smell to it, but as soon as I spray it on any kool-aid spot, the spot disappears as soon as the spray hits it. You might want to blot up extra liquid spray afterward and re-dampen again with water a couple of times just to make sure no cleaning liquid remains to damage the fibers, but this should be perfectly safe on a white fabric. (09/09/2009)

By dollyslaffn

Removing Kool Aid Stains

I use a product that has gotten everything from red makeup out of carpet, red crayon ran through washer and dryer out of white corduroy pants, to everyday cleaning and even fruit punch spilled on a whitish/tannish carpet with a product call L.A. Totally Awesome. You find this at the dollar stores. I usually buy it at Dollar tree but I have seen it at dollar general or family dollar.

My neighbor said she has used it for getting pink fingernail polish out of her carpet that was there for at least a week. A 16-20 oz bottle runs about 1.00 to 2.00$ at one of the local dollar stores. Try it and see if that works. (09/09/2009)

By itzy