Removing Labels from Plastic

How do I remove a large paper manufacturer's label that is glued on plastic? It is not one of those easily removable labels that use a peel off glue. I can't tear it off.

Dennis from Vernon, NJ

Answers:

Removing Labels from Plastic

Goo Gone works great for removing labels off of all surfaces. (11/21/2006)

By Erin B

Removing Labels from Plastic

Spray it with WD40, after a few minutes of letting it sit, it should wipe right off neatly.

Good luck. (11/21/2006)

By Paula Jo, Mebane NC USA

Removing Labels from Plastic

Gently use a hair dryer to heat up the glue. Do not get too close as it will warp the jar.

Soak in a sink of hot water then use Goo Gone and a safety razor blade and scrape down with the blade.
May have to resoak and and do Goo Gone again with the blade, but they do come off. Peanut butter jars are hard to get the labels off. I use the last method for it.
(11/25/2006)

By Mimipuppa

Removing Labels from Plastic

I bought two craft boxes with transparent plastic lids only a couple of days ago, tried to peel the labels off and ended up with a real mess that even detergent and warm water wouldn't shift. My tip is to use acetone free nail polish remover, applied with a make up remover pad. It works like a dream. Rinse with clean water, wipe dry and buff a little no damage or "clouding" at all to the plastic lid. (08/30/2007)

By Lorraine Weaver

RE: Removing Labels from Plastic

Removing Labels from Plastic

Saturate the label with cooking spray (Pam), and let set for about 10 minutes. Scrape off label with plastic pot scraper, edge of plastic spatula or something plastic. Repeat if necessary. Wash and use container. Cooking spray is meant for food, so is safe on any type of container. (08/31/2007)

By Jean

Removing Labels from Plastic

I use a hair dryer to get the label off and lighter fluid to remove the residue. (08/31/2008)

By sybers

Pill Bottles on White Background
Removing Labels from Plastic Containers
Finding Free Address Labels
Finding Free Address Labels
🎉
🎄