Removing Lint from Clothing

OK, so I did the unthinkable. I put new towels in with a pile of clothes and all the fluff from the towels came off and is now abundant all over my clothes. Apart from removing the fluff with cellotape, are there better, quicker ways to remove the fluff? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Louise

By Louise from BC

Answers:

Removing Lint from Clothing

If the lint comes off easily try cleaning the lint screen and put them in the dryer on air dry, without the towels of course. Clean the lint screen every 5 minutes and keep restarting until loose lint is gone or screen is collecting no more lint. For anything that is not loose, after testing in an inconspicuous area to be sure it won't harm the fabric, try a piece of drywall sanding screen, this will grab the lint and works wonders on fabrics that have pilled as well. Polyesters knits in particular, don't always do well with this treatment. (11/06/2009)

By 1_PRINCESS_AURORA

Removing Lint from Clothing

Put the clothes back in the washer without any detergent and run them through the cycle. Then put them in the dryer and see if that doesn't remove all the lint. It worked for me. (11/06/2009)

By Lorelei

Removing Lint from Clothing

If you have a Walmart or Kmart nearby, go buy a clothes shaver. It's like an electric shaver, but for clothing. I have used mine for taking the little "pills" off of sheets, sweaters, etc. It's a miracle worker. (11/07/2009)

By NL1720

Removing Lint from Clothing

Get a "sticky tape roller" from your dry cleaners or they sell them at Walmart, Kmart, etc. (11/07/2009)

By Paula Jo Carr

Removing Lint from Clothing

My suggestion would be to get a square of netting, tulle, about the size of dryer sheet, pin to one piece of clothing and air fluff or run through rinse cycle and then dry. Depending on amount of lint, you may have to do several times. I use this netting with every load of colored clothes I wash and dry. Good luck. (11/10/2009)

By LAlady44

Removing Lint from Clothing
laundry basket of clean clothing
Preventing Lint on Clothing
laundry room with utility sink, washer, and dryer
Making a Lint Trap for a Washtub Drain
lint roller
Removing Lint from Clothing
Sweaters
Removing Lint from Sweaters
🎉
🎄