Removing Makeup Foundation Stain on Jeans

I accidently spilled some BB cream (foundation) onto an expensive pair of jeans. I put it in the wash as soon as possible, but when I took it out, the area of the stain had turned white. I don't know if that means the color came off, but I would like to know if someone has any experience with this.

I hope you didn't put them in the dryer. You can dab at the stain with ammonia, rinse out the ammonia, and wash again.

There are several ways to remove make-up stains  one may work for you.

A lot depends on whether you put your jeans in the dryer  one may still work but dried stains are generally set and more difficult to remove.

I keep a container of shaving cream in my laundry room for just such mishaps.

Maybe you have a can available  spray cream on the spot and wait a few minutes (10-15).

Carefully wipe the shaving cream off the spot (try not to smear it) and wash as usual  cold water may be best. You can also mix a touch of alcohol to the spot if shaving cream alone fails.

If that fails; mix one part ammonia and one part dish detergent (Dawn is good) mix it up and dab (or spray) it on the spot  wait 10 minutes  wash as usual.

If you do not have ammonia you can substitute peroxide and that works well also.

I do not believe that any of these methods will harm your jeans but if these are  like you say  very expensive  you may want to take them to a dry cleaners and be sure to explain what happened.

Good luck - hope something works.