Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Melted Plastic from a Stove Burner

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Stove Burner

It happens, the burner on the stove is still hot and you accidentally put a plastic bowl, spoon, or even a bag on the burner. Too late you get it off, but the damage is done. This is a guide about removing melted plastic from a stove burner.

Here are questions related to Removing Melted Plastic from a Stove Burner.

Question: Removing Melted Plastic on Electric Stovetop

How do I remove melted plastic from electric stovetop?

By Richard

Question: Plastic Melted on Smooth Top Stove

A plastic freezer bag somehow got on a very hot burner of the smooth top stove and melted and burned. I tore away as much as I could, but still have lumps and streaks of the plastic on the top. I'm afraid to try to scrape it off lest I scratch the top.

By Virginia C.

Question: Plastic Bag Melted on Stove Burner

Well, I have a slightly different problem. I had a plastic bag melt on my stove burner because of the heat from the oven. I thought I could get it off while it was warm, but didn't work. Any suggestions?

By Doris H

Question: Removing Melted Plastic from Stove Burner

I melted a plastic strainer on the burner of my stove.

By Renee from Flushing, NY

Most Recent Answer

By kathleen williams [23]02/13/2010

I know this may sound awful, but what I usually do is turn the burner back on and while it is hot I get a wet dish cloth or a metal meat turner to remove it very quickly. It smells bad but it works for me, good luck.

Question: Removing Plastic from Stove Burner Rings

I had a plastic bag on the electric stove and I accidentally turned on the wrong burner. Now, I have bits of melted plastic on one of the electric rings. I have scrubbed and scrubbed and it won't come off. Please help!

Kate from Melbourne

Most Recent Answer

By (Guest Post)03/08/2008

HEAT THE STOVE RING AND WIPE WITH A THICK HEAVY DAMP RAG ONCE IT IS HOT IT SHOULD WIPE RIGHT OFF

Question: Removing Melted Spatula from Stove Top

My flat top stove had a spatula melted on the hot surface. How do I get it all off?

Best Answer

By Guest04/11/2010

I laid a plastic grocery bag with 2 loaves of bread in it on the stove not knowing it was recently turned off. I went to get more groceries out of the car and came back to a very smokey kitchen and melted plastic all over the burner, the bread was also burnt. I had no idea how to clean it up. The next day I found this site and I am still amazed and relieved how easy it was to clean up with alcohol and a razor blade from my utility knife! I am also relieved I am not the first person that made that mistake! I felt pretty stupid!

Solutions: Removing Melted Plastic from a Stove Burner

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!