Removing Melted Plastic from a Stove Burner

It happens, the burner on the stove is still hot and you accidentally put a plastic bowl, spoon, or even a bag on the burner. Too late you get it off, but the damage is done. This is a guide about removing melted plastic from a stove burner.

Stove Burner
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My flat top stove had a spatula melted on the hot surface. How do I get it all off?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I laid a plastic grocery bag with 2 loaves of bread in it on the stove not knowing it was recently turned off. I went to get more groceries out of the car and came back to a very smokey kitchen and melted plastic all over the burner, the bread was also burnt. I had no idea how to clean it up. The next day I found this site and I am still amazed and relieved how easy it was to clean up with alcohol and a razor blade from my utility knife! I am also relieved I am not the first person that made that mistake! I felt pretty stupid!

Read More Answers...

How do you clean a stove that has had a plastic bag melted on it?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Removal method depends on the surface type-glass, metal, etc. "how to clean stuff.com" has several methods.

I have an electric stove top burner with melted plastic on it. The plate is solid and not easily removed. I would like a solution that does not require burner removal.

By Martin J from Tucson, AZ

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A search online brought up many suggestions; you can try this site to start: http://homeguides.sfgate.com/melted-plastic-off-stove-burner-24706.html

I had a plastic bag on the electric stove and I accidentally turned on the wrong burner. Now, I have bits of melted plastic on one of the electric rings. I have scrubbed and scrubbed and it won't come off. Please help!

Kate from Melbourne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

HEAT THE STOVE RING AND WIPE WITH A THICK HEAVY DAMP RAG ONCE IT IS HOT IT SHOULD WIPE RIGHT OFF

Read More Answers...

I melted a plastic strainer on the burner of my stove.

By Renee from Flushing, NY

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I know this may sound awful, but what I usually do is turn the burner back on and while it is hot I get a wet dish cloth or a metal meat turner to remove it very quickly. It smells bad but it works for me, good luck.

Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesApril 22, 2013
    Black smooth top cooking range.
    Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
    Smooth Top Stove
    Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
    metal burner covers
    Uses for Burner Covers
    A car parked on a sunny day.
    Removing Melted Plastic on Car Upholstery
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 25, 2016 at 3:16:56 PM on 10.0.2.242 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.