Removing Mildew from Curtains

I need to know the best possible way in which I can remove mildew off curtains, with linings? I tried ammonia, but that did not work.

Louis from Durban, South Africa

Answers:

Removing Mildew from Curtains

Well, what kills mold is bleach, but that may alter the color of the fabric so I would wash the drapes or curtains and hang them out to dry. I would then try and locate the source of why the drapes are getting mold and eliminate that source. (01/22/2009)

By Harry

Removing Mildew from Curtains

Bicarbonate of soda is excellent for removing mildew. In fact, I use bicarb for most of my cleaning. Just mix equal amount with water and presto!
(01/26/2009)

By s50nya

Removing Mildew from Curtains
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Measuring Windows for New Curtains, Gold colored curtains and white sheers hanging on a wondow.
Measuring Windows for New Curtains
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
🎄