Removing Mildew from Leather

Does anyone know how to get the mildew odor out of leather jackets? I have two really nice jackets that were stored in my ex-husbands basement and hate to get rid of them. I tried cleaning them with saddle soap. Also tried fabric softner sheets in the pockets. But the odor is still there. I would really love to wear these again.

White Vinegar
Post by truerblue
To remove mildew on leather items, rub the area with either white vinegar.

By truerblue

Toasted Bread
My mother always used toasted bread slices to remove the smell of mildew from non-washable items. She would place the dry unbuttered toast between the layers and place in a non-airtight container and check and replace until the smell was all gone.
Coffee Grounds
Post by bgarey
You can try putting the jackets in black plastic garbage bags along with a cup of coffee grounds. Dry, unused coffee grounds. Tie the bag shut and leave it alone for about 3 days. Coffee grounds took the smell of rotting fish (don't ask!) out of my freezer and I've used it for all kinds of things since then. Good luck and let us know if it works!

Removing Mildew from Leather
Old Leather Work Boots
Removing Mold and Mildew from Leather
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather