Removing Mildew from a Stuffed Toy

May I know what is the safest and most effect way of removing mildew on a stuffed animal without discoloration and thinning of the silk-like material? Her face has yellowish-brown spots and at times, with little things crawling. Will vinegar "thin or corrode" the material? The stuffed toy is very delicate and precious.

Thank you very much.

By Jessica

Answers:

Removing Mildew from a Stuffed Toy

I think i'd do one or all of these:

1. Take it to a real Chinese Laundry. They're used to working with very delicate, but very dirty laundry.

2. Take it to a dry cleaner in the most expensive part of your city. Believe me, they clean the most expensive clothing and may have a solution for you.

3. I'd try this last and it's my least favorite for your problem: try Dryel. I use it and only send my clothes to the real dry cleaner the third or fourth time. I've had nothing, but good luck with Dryel. The basic kit comes with a spot cleaner to be used before you use the Dryel sheets. I'd be so careful of using this on your precious stuffed animal though.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution.

(06/05/2010)

By metroplex

Removing Mildew from a Stuffed Toy

Perhaps some dilute lemon juice and laying it in the sun. (06/07/2010)

By Lizzyanny

Removing Mildew from a Stuffed Toy

Soak in oxiclean. Be sure to follow directions on container. (06/17/2010)

By orugun1

Old stuffed bear sitting in front of a rainy window
Cleaning Mildew from a Stuffed Toy
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Finished duck.
Making Stuffed Animals
Stuffed Easter Bunny
Refurbishing Stuffed Animals
🎄