Removing Mold From Painted Walls

How can mold be cleaned off a textured ceiling?

By Nina

Answers:

Removing Mold From Painted Walls

In the past, I've dealt with this same thing. I took one part bleach mixed with 3 parts water and put cheap plastic painters-plastic over my carpeting and furniture. I then put on old clothes then put on goggles and dipped a sponge into the bleach-water then wring it out about half way leaving sponge fairly wet bit not sopping.

Press wet sponge to ceiling and leave for 10 seconds then repeat everywhere the mold is. Do this again in 2 weeks to get any mold spores that you didn't get the first time. Lastly, seal with a quality stain-killing tinted primer. If you tint the primer you might not have to also paint. If it were a wall you could use a sprayer, but not on the ceiling. A fairly large sponge works best. (10/12/2009)

By Cyinda

Removing Mold From Painted Walls

I use a spray of straight bleach. And it needs to be on the ceiling for a few minutes. I have mildew, which is a nuisance, but not harmful. For heavier infestations, I use a kitchen scrubbing brush or a large nail brush. It does take off some of the texture, but that can't be helped. (10/15/2009)

By louel53

Mold on Walls
Removing Mold from Painted Walls and Ceiling
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted, Gloved hand scraping off wallpaper.
Removing Wallpaper That Has Been Painted
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Painted Chinese furniture.
Cleaning Painted Wood Furniture
🎉
🎄