Is there a mold found in showers that is pink ? What is it and will a little bleach get rid of it?
By bigjonusn from Augusta, GA
Yes, a mixture of bleach and water will get rid of the mold. (05/16/2009)
Yes, and yes. LOL We get pink mold all the time in the jets of our white whirlpool tub. I just spray it with Tilex like the black mold. Bleach will work too. (05/17/2009)
By Mary T
The best thing for mold is Dawn dish soap:-) (05/17/2009)
That mold is what can cause urinary tract infections. Bleach is the answer! (05/22/2009)
I have that pink mold in the shower. I also use bleach to remove it. Does it cause any other problems like athletes foot? (05/22/2009)
Please don't use bleach! It is very caustic. Instead, buy a 32 oz bottle of hydrogen peroxide, and buy and empty 32 oz sprayer bottle at Wal Mart. Remove the sprayer head and place on the hydrogen peroxide bottle and spray. It kills mold. You should also use this anywhere you want to disinfect in the home, like bathroom and kitchen counter tops. Just as good as bleach, completely safe to use. Bleach is very caustic and it should never touch your skin! Jim in Jax (05/22/2009)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!