Removing Moss From Roof

I know that using bleach to kill, and zinc to prevent is OK. The problem I have, is that the roof I've got is huge. I bit off more than I can chew in buying this property, and it's getting quite a lot of moss growth. I know I must remove and prevent.

The problem is that I do not know what jet system to use to mix the bleach and water. Also, I can only do this from a ladder.

The zinc will have to wait.

Thanks in advance.

Removing Moss From Roof

I have the same problem with my roof, so I contacted the manufacturer of my roofing shingles and they recommended a product called "Shingle Shield". I read that bleach can damage your roof, so even though it may be initially cheaper to treat, in the end if you have to replace your roof, it will be much more costly.

You can check out "Shingle Shield" at They also have a question and answer section that may be very helpful to you regarding application, equipment necessary, prevention, etc. The phone number is 1-800-942-3004 (06/10/2005)

By Debbie

Removing Moss From Roof

I have used the same company for over 20 years, and there is nothing they can't fix. Totally trust worthy and reliable, prompt and professional. Apex Edinburgh 01314787175 (10/02/2008)

By Paul

Removing Moss from a Roof, Cleaning Moss off Roof
Removing Moss from a Roof
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Lots of Moss on Roof
Preventing and Removing Moss from Your Roof
A dirty roof that has been partially cleaned.
Saving Money on Roof Cleaning
Man nailing up new shingles on a roof.
Saving Money on a New Roof