Removing Nail Polish From Clothing

How do you remove nail polish from a little girls dress? We tried nail polish remover (just the cheap stuff from Walmart). What can we try now? It's just so cute. Can it be saved?

Carol

Answers:

Removing Nail Polish From Clothing

Oh, this is a rough one :-( Especially once the fabric has been hit by acetone remover (cheap brand of remover or not) it might not be removable. However, how about some really small cute appliques from a fabric store sewn on over the polish stain? It would 'dress' the dress up and make the dress even more heart warming for the effort.

(07/23/2008)

By Deeli

Removing Nail Polish From Clothing

Carol, last year I spilled red nail polish on a brand new white knit blouse. I was crushed. I looked up online and they said nothing could be done. I experimented and my blouse was as good as new with no trace of polish. I used "Awesome", let it soak, then I scraped what I could with my fingernail, washed it and still some remained. I kept repeating the process. I bet I washed it 5 times. Awesome works and scraping what you can. I ended it by washing in vinegar. Don't rub it together because the color will spread. Painstakingly, take your time and use Awesome, scrape, blot and wash and repeat til clean. I was amazed that I got my white blouse cleaned, it was the first time I wore it and I could have cried when it happened, but miracles do happen! Good luck to you. (07/24/2008)

By maureen b

Removing Nail Polish From Clothing

What is Awesome and where do I get it? (08/11/2008)

By Trish

Removing Nail Polish from Clothing
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
A nail polish brush dripping.
Removing Nail Polish from Clothing and Fabric
🎉
🎄