Removing Nail Polish From Hardwood Floor

How can I remove dried pink nail polish from a hard wood floor? I don't want to damage my floor, but need to remove a dried fingernail polish patch about the size of an adult hand.

Ruth from Salt Lake City, Utah

The quality of the nail polish can determine how easy it will come off. For example, if it chips off your nails quickly try using an old credit card to gently pick it up. If you need to use nail polish remover, try in a hidden area to see how it react/how long until it reacts, etc. If you use a nail polish remover pen or a cotton swab you will have more control. One more thing I am not sure if it works...does WD-40 remove it? I heard it cleans all kinds of stuff. Best wishes! (08/27/2008)

By Starchild in VT

The only thing I know removes nail polish from finished wood is Sol U Mel. (09/23/2008)

By Ladybugv2

Removing Nail Polish from Hardwood Floor
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet