Removing Nicotine Stains from Vinyl Wallpaper

I have recently purchased a new home and it has vinyl wallpaper with nicotine stains. You can see where the previous owners' pictures were hanging.

Is there anyway I can remove these stains? I have tried almost every product in grocery/walmart store.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Removing Nicotine Stains

I have a housecleaning business and I recently used the new Mr. Clean Magic Stain erasers on white cabinet doors in a smoker's home. It is slow elbow grease type of work, but I got all the way down to the original surface.

Another thing to try is vinegar mixed with half amonia and about 2 tbs dish soap.

I also recently used automatic dishwashing detergent, the new Cascade Complete, mixed with bleach and the paste picked up 10 years of greasy dirt on the tops of kitchen cabinets. (03/16/2004)

By Jooniper

Removing Nicotine Stains

I had to do this once in a trailer house we moved in to. The previous owners had lived there well over 30 years and the husband and wife were chain smokers. We used straight ammonia. We used an old mop and eye gear to do the ceilings. Be sure you leave windows open as the smell can be intoxicating. (05/07/2004)

By Tawnda

Woman talking on phone will smoking a cigarette in front of vinyl wallpaper
Cleaning Nicotine Stains from Vinyl Wallpaper
Blue and white retro wallpaper.
Cleaning Wallpaper
Painting Over Wallpaper, Vintage Peeling Wallaper
Painting Over Wallpaper
girl smoking
Removing Nicotine Stains from Linoleum and Vinyl Flooring
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture