Removing Odor From Suitcase

I left some Ziploc plastic bags in a suitcase that was stored in the attic. Now the suitcase has an odor. Any ideas about how to get rid of the odor? Is there anything I could put in the suitcase for freshening while in attic storage? It's dusty (and hot) up there, so we need to keep it zipped shut. Thanks.

Holly from Richardson, TX

Removing Odor From Suitcase

I would try one (or all) of the following:

• crumple newspaper (week-old), place in suitcase, and add charcoal

• open suitcase, clean it very well, and place it out in the sun for a few hours

• place cat litter in it
Hope one of these helps. (06/30/2008)

By fruityana

Removing Odor From Suitcase

Our old house had wood heat, everything always smelled like smoke including our luggage, which then got put in storage when we moved to a smaller house. I just took it out for a vacation, sprayed the inside with a vinegar/water mix and closed them back up for two days. They smelled fine for us to pack for this trip and our clothes were fine on arrival. (07/13/2008)

By Linda

Removing Odor From Suitcase

Try Febreeze. (07/31/2008)

By Robin

Removing Odor From Suitcase

I use "Fridge It" activated carbon odor absorbers in my luggage and storage bins. They are unscented and work great to eliminate odors. I just put one or two in each suitcase to keep "old" smell out.

Works like a charm. I get these right on line at
Easy to order and they ship really quickly. (12/02/2008)

By kengie

Removing Odor From Suitcase

I have been using a product called BioWorld Odor Neutralizer that has worked well for all odors. It is very strong and I haven't found an odor that it hasn't taken care of yet. (01/09/2009)

By Zack

Removing Odor From Suitcase
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Suitcase Dog Bed
Making a Suitcase Dog Bed
Packing a Suitcase, Suitcase Ready for Travel
Packing a Suitcase