Removing Odor from Shoes

My husband has a problem with very smelly feet. I had tried all kinds of powders before I tried this. We were forced to throw his shoes away regularly. This tip works and he is able to keep tennis shoes and boots longer. Place each offending shoe into a plastic bag and place into the freezer overnight. The next day remove from the bag and freezer. Place the shoes outside in the sunlight to thaw, and dry.

By Notwrong

Answers:

Removing Odor from Shoes

Really bad smelling shoes are from candida. It is the worst. The freezing probably kills the bacteria. My husband's feet and shoes were awful. Didn't get better till we got the candida under control. (07/24/2009)

By c t

Removing Odor from Shoes

Cool. I always try leaving them in the sun. Works well in the hot parts of summer, but your way works year round. (08/05/2009)

By mctc

Removing Odor from Shoes

Put some cat litter into a pair of tights. I suggest you layer the tights twice to keep all the cat litter in. Tie securely and place in each shoe overnight. The shoes will be odorless the following morning. You will need to change the cat litter periodically. It works, cost is minimal and environmentally friendly. (08/10/2009)

By barbara p s

Picture of a man holding up stinky shoes.
Remedies for Stinky Shoes
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
🎄