Removing Odor from Shoes

I wash my tenny shoes and even after I take them straight out of the washer they still stink so bad and make my feet stink as well. What can I do to take the stinky odor out of them?

By Heidy

Answers:

Removing Odor from Shoes

If the innersole is removable, take it out and wash it by hand and let it air dry. If it won't come out, spray the inside of the shoe with Lysol disinfectant spray (or a dollar store equivalent) and let it dry overnight. This might have to be done several times. I personally don't advise washing sneakers in a washer. Better to do it by hand and concentrate soap on the critical areas. Bar soap is fine. Rinse several times and place them out in the sun to dry if possible. Hope that helps. (04/25/2010)

By OliveOyl

Removing Odor from Shoes

Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda, sea salt, or baby powder in them. It absorbs any odor. (04/27/2010)

By Dorty

Removing Odor from Shoes

I use Avon's foot/shoe spray on my feet and shoes and once in awhile I wipe out the insides of my shoes with rubbing alcohol. I also periodically sprinkle the insides of my shoes/slippers with lavender-scented body powder (powder without talc. That's a whole other story). (04/29/2010)

By Maryeileen

Removing Odor from Shoes

Put them in the freezer overnight. It sounds crazy, but it will kill the bacteria! (04/29/2010)

By jdsjkk

Picture of a man holding up stinky shoes.
Remedies for Stinky Shoes
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
🎉
🎄