Removing Odor from a Coffee Pot

I have an old Cuisinart coffee pot that I no longer use but the cover and around the lid is quite badly stained with coffee. It is a thermal pot and I would like to use it for taking cold or hot drinks out to the children's sports games but I have no idea how to remove the stains or to get the coffee smell out of the pot. Any ideas greatly appreciated

Orva from Toronto, Canada

Answers:

Removing Odor from a Coffee Pot

Fill the pot with hot water and drop about 6 denture cleaning tablets in. Let sit overnight. You may have to do this more than once and the lid may need to be done separately in a bowl. Cheap, generic tablets will work. The denture tablets will work on tea pitchers and flower vases, too. (08/15/2008)

By perfume and powder

Removing Odor from a Coffee Pot

There are also 2 other options that work. For the smell, the easiest is to leave vinegar in it or vinegar and water overnight. Another sure-fire fix is hydrogen peroxide. Peroxide removes ORGANIC stains and odors with oxygen. If it will remove blood that's sat and dried for a week, it may also remove coffee stains too!

But I sure do love perfume and powder's idea about the denture tablets! If you have some around, I'd give them a try as I know you can use them to clean coffee pots. (08/15/2008)

By Cyinda

Removing Odor from a Coffee Pot

Bicarb will help get rid of most stains and smells. Fill with warm water and add a good amount of bicarb and soak. After while, empty pot, put dry bicarb onto a damp cloth and wipe away any last remaining stains. Rinse and wipe dry. To prevent odours returning sprinkle bicarb in the bottom of the pot whilst being stored. Tip out bicarb and rinse before use. (08/26/2008)

By patsand31

Removing Odor from a Coffee Pot
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
rinsing out a coffee pot with hot water
Cleaning a Coffee Pot
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
🎄