Removing Odors From a Clothes Dryer

I got a dryer from a relative after moving into a house. After opening the dryer it smelled of wet dog. I let it air out and cleaned the inside, but after using it, all the clothes in it smell of wet dog.

How can I get this smell out of my dryer?

Ben from Reading, PA

Answers:

Removing Odors From a Clothes Dryer

I have had good success with Febreze on newspapers. Works great in shoes and boots, might work for your dryer. I spray Febreze on newspapers, crumple them and stuff into shoes. Leave overnight or longer if you can. You may have to repeat this several times, but it should work after 5 or 6 tries. (06/12/2006)

By Donna

Removing Odors From a Clothes Dryer

Start with making sure the vent is clean of any lint. It will also help to wash it in soap and hot water. Next, check the vent hose. You should do this anyway, if it's full of lint it could cause a fire.
We purchased a house with the dryer included. My husband took an air compressor and sprayed air behind the dryer to get all the "ick" out.
(06/12/2006)

Removing Odors From a Clothes Dryer

The odor in my dryer turned out to be caused by the vent hose being almost full of nasty, wet lint. I replaced the entire vent hose, and the odor went away almost immediately. (03/24/2008)

By Mike H

Removing Odors From a Clothes Dryer
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Clothes Dryer
Removing Odors from a Clothes Dryer
clothes dryer
Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes
Clothes Dryer
Removing Lighter Fluid Smell From a Clothes Dryer
🎉
🎄