Browsing: Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway

Removing Oil Stains from a Driveway

How can I get oil stains out of my driveway and garage from a car that leaked oil?

Geri from KY.

Answers:
Kitty Litter 04/30/2004
Get your self a bag of cheap kitty litter and pour on the stains let sit until all of the excess oil is removed, sweep up. Now if this did not remove caked on grease and oil go to your local hardware store and buy some concrete cleaner and use that. Both the Kitty Litter and concrete cleaner are pretty cheap.
By Debra in Colorado (Guest Post)
Dawn or Cokie 04/30/2004
Pour 1 large bottle of Dawn dish washing liquid on stains and evenly spread out with old broom or large wooden stick. Let stand at least 12 hours. Spray off with hose.

A friend used 3 bottles of Coke and poured them evenly over the spills. Wait for about 30 minutes and hose off. Both have worked well for us in the past. Good Luck

By Julie (Guest Post)
Kitty Litter 05/05/2004
Try Kitty litter, pour on oil, and let sit for afew hours, it should soak up the oil..then just sweep it away.
By Annjjel in Pa. (Guest Post)
Pine-Sol 05/07/2004
My husband and I used to be truck drivers in the Army and we would get grease on our uniforms all of the time. We were not allowed to wear stained uniforms so we had to get the stains out. WE would wash our uniforms in Pine-Sol and it cut the grease very well. Simple Green works well too, but I hate the smell of that. ha ha But for your garage floor, I don't think the concrete will complain about the smell. ha ha
By Tawnda (Guest Post)
Clay Litter 05/07/2004
When you put the clay type kitty litter on the oil grind it into the concrete with a block of wood.
Liz
By acraftycat (Guest Post)

I put cat litter then use a brick to scrub it will come up I know it will

Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway
moss on a driveway
Removing Moss from a Driveway
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Jug of used motor oil.
Removing Motor Oil Stains From Carpet
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 9:44:04 AM on 10.0.1.69 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.