Removing Opossum Urine Smell

Can someone please tell me how to remove opossum pee smell from my basement as well as dead opossum smell. The floor is concrete and walls are cinder blocks. It is an awful smell and I am getting sick from it

Mary C. from PA

Answers:

This is a cheap method that MAY or may NOT help...!

Not exactly sure about possum, but CAT PEE is the worst & this is a personally tried-&-true remedy that I've used MANY times. I PROMISE it works on Cat urine, so can't hurt to try on possum!

Mix drugstore hydrogen peroxide & baking soda together {about 1 part baking soda to 3 or 4 parts peroxide}. Pour or spray on the area & VOILA! GONE!

Kills the odor almost instantly. If not, reapply until it's gone!

Used it on my mattress, carpet, a lovely couch, etc. It doesn't seem to cause any spotting problems at all!

WARNING!.Mix only enough to cover what you need. The mixture has a tendency to fizz a lot. If left in the bottle COULD Explode or at least pop the top off so & pour out any remaining! (10/26/2007)

By luvvy

Removing Opossum Urine Smell

I had a tom cat that for some reason kept spraying inside the house, although he was mostly outside during the day. I found using Napthalene flakes very effective. I sprinkled them over the 'sprayed' area and left it overnight, vacuumed it up then wiped it with undiluted pine disinfectant. The smell was gone the next day. (Care should be taken on light colored carpets when using pine disinfectant.)

(b)Editor's Note:(/b) Napthalene is very toxic and can cause problems with blood cells in humans and animals. I'd be afraid to use this anywhere inside or with kids or pets around. (10/27/2007)

By Joycie From Australia